Why are people so aggresive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gromit

Über Member
I have just been out looking for my cat, who's been missing since Sunday 24th. My Boyfriend and I live in one of the old chocolate factory terraced houses near the knavesmire.

Near to the end of the row of terraced houses there are several garages that back onto an alleyway, which is a popular hang-out for the local moggies.

At the very end of these garages there is a new build house tagged onto the end of the street which has tinted windows, that overlook the chocolate factory.

I have been unable to sleep since she has been missing so decided to go and look for her at about 3.30pm thinking it would be quietenough to hear any meows. This happened to coincide with with the lad who rents the house getting out of a taxi with two young lady's.

He said:
"Mate what you doing looking round my f**king house?"

Me
"I'm not looking round your house, I'm looking around the back of the garages for my cat"

Him
"Why you looking round my house?"

Enter the girls:
"Whats going on?"

Him
"I'm just wondering why someones looking round my f**king house"

Me
"I live on this street, I'm just looking for my cat who went missing, I'm not doing anything wrong. I put a leaflet through your door about he going missing."

Him
"I don't know about that"

He then walks off without saying sorry into the house acting all cocky in front of his house mates.

What ever happened to showing a little common curtsy, and inquiring in a polite way what might be wrong, Instead of being aggressive? This type of stuff makes me feel depressed. ;)

Sorry to hear about your cat Gromit - blessed independence. Keep putting a bit of food out and hope for the best.
At least you possess and nurture a decent attitude toward your 'fellow humans' - rise above the self-centredness of others, including the pea brain you describe, and keep on thinking good thoughts.
Try and get a bit of rest too - or - have another cuppa! ;)

OP
OP
Gromit

Gromit

Über Member
Thank you Aperitif and Blue, I hope she turns up soon. Its not like her to miss 6 days worth of breakfast and dinners.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Gromit said:
What ever happened to showing a little common curtsy, and inquiring in a polite way what might be wrong, Instead of being aggressive? This type of stuff makes me feel depressed. :wacko:

Is that like a posh cursty, but with chewing gum? ;)
Hope you find the cat...

yello

Do you think people are more aggressive these days? I personally think so but I may just be getting old! Certainly, living in London, I tended to expect confrontation whenever someone approached to speak.

catwoman

A cat I used to have a few years ago moved out for a week or so. He came back of his own accord. Another cat belonging to a friend went missing for a month or so and it turned out he was locked in an empty shop building. He was found because his meows were heard. Fortunately there was a dripping tap in the building and presumably some mice to keep him going.
I hope your cat returns soon.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Scum bags - that's all !

peanut

very sorry to hear that your cat has gone missing. Your neighbour's attitude is inexplicable? probably drunk or on drugs I expect. It doesn't help to meet people like that when you are so emotional. I

I have had two cats go miossing and like you couldn't eat sleep or concentrate on work . Both of mine turned up in garages where the neighbour had promised me they had looked.

My experience is your cat will probably be within 4-5 houses of your home(they rarely have a larger territory)

She will probably be trapped in a shed or garage that has been left open in this hot weather where the owner has been retrieving or placing gardening stuff . Cats enter the shed/garage to explore and sniff around and then settle down to sleep and get trapped.

I would recommend that you target garages and sheds up to 5 dwellings around your home and insist firmly that you look for yourself with the owner. Use the excuse that your cat is extremely nervous and won't show itself for anyone but you.

Don't rush because my cat took nearly3-4 minutes before he came out of hiding .Have a good poke around look under things and in cardboard boxes etc calling all the time. Don't just open the door stick your head in call once or twice and leave because he'll need time to come out
Good luck

Mr Pig

peanut said:
He will probably be trapped in a shed or garage

Cheer her up why don't you! I was going to say that the cat was probably very happy wherever he is.

I wouldn't worry about the guy along the road. He's an 'other people' and other people are a pain.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Good advice from peanut, hope you find your cat soon.

Your neighbour had probably had a skinful of booze...
I'd probably be a bit perplexed if I found someone looking round near my house at 3.30, but wouldn't be anything like as confrontational, some people just are aggressive.

OP
OP
Gromit

Gromit

Über Member
Thank you everyone for your kind words and advice. We are about to do another batch of leaflets and post them through the letter boxes of the houses at the back of our terraced.

wafflycat

Always worthwhile contacting the local animal shelters and vet surgeries to see if you cat has been handed in anywhere or if there's a 'found' poster at a vet surgery. Plus, it keeps the local shelters primed in case a cat matching the description of yours is handed in.

Top Bottom