Why do you cycle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Mainly to offset my cake and beer intake :smile:

I cycle to the shops, the pub etc, go for shorter faster rides, longer slower rides when the weathers nice, take my nephew out on his bike, some road cycling, some trails/offroad stuff in the woods, kinda covers all bases except for competitive cycling which im not really bothered about. Id like to try some cycle touring too soon :smile:

avalon

Guru
Don't know why, but I do.

Boon 51

Veteran
Mainly to offset my cake and beer intake :smile:

I cycle to the shops, the pub etc, go for shorter faster rides, longer slower rides when the weathers nice, take my nephew out on his bike, some road cycling, some trails/offroad stuff in the woods, kinda covers all bases except for competitive cycling which im not really bothered about. Id like to try some cycle touring too soon :smile:

Nowt wrong with that way of thinking... :smile:

MrsDangermouse

Another fun and fitness here.
Still in the early stages at the moment....haven't yet managed a proper long ride and my speed is still quite low, but I've definitely caught the bug :bicycle:
Haven't been out for a couple of weeks coz of a cold on my chest which means any exertion brings on a nasty coughing fit....need to get back out there!

Sandra6

Veteran
I started cycling as a fair weather cyclist for fitness and fun. I keep cycling towards cake though so it's more fun than fitness now.
As I don't drive I then started cycling for transport because it's quicker and more fun than walking.
When I joined this forum I thought I needed a goal of so many miles, or to do a certain distance or get to a certain speed, then I realised I was missing the point of it being fun, so now I just cycle because I can.
Why wouldn't you cycle?!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I enjoy debating traffic law and taxation policy with Audi driving middle-managers of a morning.

Drago

Legendary Member
All sorts of reasons to justify it, but the bottom line is simply that its very enjoyable.

While I am a keen rider, I do not participate in, er, 'lively discussions' with Audi drivers as I have no sexual inadequacy that drives an atavistic desire to be dominant in a confrontation. I think ugly thoughts about blood, smile, and half a second later I've forgotten them and I'm getting back to what I enjoy - riding my sickle.

VamP

Banned
When you´re racing, it's life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting." (Steve McQueen, 1971)

Licramite

Über Member
I started cycling because I can,t run anymore (heart problem) - I love the adventure of it, I mostly do off road and its great pounding along trails and tracks, every bits a challenge.

On road you can explore back roads and bridal paths, study the maps and push out on routes you couldn,t do in a car.

my last epic was to follow a roman road all the way from warminster to badbury rings - brilliant.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
All sorts of reasons to justify it, but the bottom line is simply that its very enjoyable.

While I am a keen rider, I do not participate in, er, 'lively discussions' with Audi drivers as I have no sexual inadequacy that drives an atavistic desire to be dominant in a confrontation. I think ugly thoughts about blood, smile, and half a second later I've forgotten them and I'm getting back to what I enjoy - riding my sickle.

Do tell. What drives your atavistic desires to be dominant in so many confrontations in here then?:whistle:

Top Bottom