Why do you cycle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
I hope we're still talking about cycling here.:unsure:
;)

ianjmcd

Über Member
I ride cos its fun and a great way to explore our country maybe if more ppl cycled they might discover that we do live in a magnificent country with some beautiful scenery not far from urban centres , its also a great way to get fitter
sometimes i try to beat my previous times or distances but depends on mood im also of the older variety being 47 but as i get fitter i plan to train more and more towards entering a couple of races next year and am planing to do lejog next year for macmillan

D

Deleted member 1258

I cycle for transport,
I cycle for leisure
and most of all I cycle for pleasure,
that last bit is the important bit, the enjoyment.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I ride cos ...... I'm also of the older variety being 47
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

;)

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Dunno, it keeps costing me a fortune.

Damn straight! It's feckin expensive is cycling, I did some calcs the other day and so far my bikes cost me over £2 a mile to ride. And when the weather is as bad as been this week, I'd rather say in bed. I had to but a new waterproof jacket the other day, it cost neary a ton! FFS! A hundred queens for a bloody Kagoule, and not a Micheala Strachen in sight!

HovR

Über Member
Damn straight! It's feckin expensive is cycling, I did some calcs the other day and so far my bikes cost me over £2 a mile to ride. And when the weather is as bad as been this week, I'd rather say in bed. I had to but a new waterproof jacket the other day, it cost neary a ton! FFS! A hundred queens for a bloody Kagoule, and not a Micheala Strachen in sight!

:eek: I worked out my Dawes to cost 6.2 pence per mile, although not including clothing.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I cycle for pleasure bordering slightly on obsession. It's hard to explain to most out there who aren't into cycling:rolleyes:. So when i tell them that i put my life in danger on main roads with cars and wagons passing me at 3 feet and doing 50 mph, and that the freezing rain deadens delicate bits of my anatomy, and that cyclists shouldn't pay "road tax" to use the roads as we don't damage them, pollute them or clog them up, they look at me like i'm :crazy:.

RWright

Guru
I cycle for fitness and fun. I had become lazy the past several years, put on weight, out of shape and then found out I had high blood pressure. I started riding over a year ago then got lazy again last winter and went back to sitting around watching tv and eating as my hobby. I knew this past summer that I was getting too old to be living like I was and it could kill me early so I started back riding just before I found out about the high blood pressure.

I have now lost some weight and want to lose more, got my blood pressure down to a more reasonable level and want to take it lower, and a very important part, almost got my avg MPH up over 14 MPH on the toughest route I have set up so far. ^_^ I like being classified as a fitness rider, that means I can wear anything from lycra to cut off blue jeans or helmet or no helmet lol. Not that anyone really notices or cares in my area and it's not like I would care if they did. :thumbsup:

musa

Über Member
Was aiming to become a competitive rider but time isn't on my side

Will need to start with food and diet before anything

Top Bottom