Wiggle to snap up its main competition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
If it happens and Wiggle become complacent, there's still online competition and, particularly, I'd imagine rose.de will be watching with interest - they're building a good reputation and will be ready to exploit.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The owner of my local bike shop reckon Wiggle has not been competitive on price for quite a while.

He's heard something about them also taking over the UK distribution of Cube, although he's not a Cube dealer so doesn't know the ins and outs.

Either way, looks like there's some empire building going on.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
S'funny, because I've struggled to find much difference in price between CR and Wiggle recently. I think Wiggle did try to sweat the asset when they were bought out but quickly learned their lesson. They also have a price promise where they'll price match CR and most of the other major UK online players (terms and conditions apply and if you can be @rsed).

Wiggle have always delivered quick-sharp for me, certainly quicker than CR, but maybe I'm close enough to Pompey to make a difference.

I don't think it's a good thing in the long run - they probably keep each other honest.

Last edited:
Its probably pretty much already happened and will just need final sign off it is to happen this week. Anyway I bought something from them recently and got two packs of haribo...

I hope wiggle are not planning on asset stripping as I like the high street presence and the fact I can touch and feel products before buying as returning via post is a faff.

bikeman66

Wiggle and CRC pretty much account for all my online bike related purchases. I actually think Wiggle will still be very keen on pricing, as with the amount of online sellers out there they'll be conscious of the fact that they certainly won't have a monopoly. The unfortunate side of this for me, is that I've always appreciated these two outlets as two different businesses with their own identities and ranges. Hopefully this will be allowed to continue.

D

Deleted member 23692

I wonder how it'll affect British Cycling's member discount as it was non-existent when it was with Wiggle, but now worthwhile having with CRC

The owner of my local bike shop reckon Wiggle has not been competitive on price for quite a while.

He's heard something about them also taking over the UK distribution of Cube, although he's not a Cube dealer so doesn't know the ins and outs.

Either way, looks like there's some empire building going on.

I think I got an email today mentioning them now selling Cube.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
When I first started cycling, the two main online retailers I used repeatedly were CRC and Wiggle. One or the other always had the best prices around on the web. Heck, for a while I was buying so much I maintained a Wiggle Platinum membership for over 3 years!! However, these days I find myself mostly ordering from other online UK bike shops /suppliers as they tend to be cheaper (and the postage is much faster too).

Wiggle really went down in my estimation when they started charging a premium to get your order picked up and dealt with quicker. After that, I'd regularly see my non-premium orders (which would previously have been dealt with in 24 hrs) creeping up to around 4 days before they'd be picked up & processed. CRC always seem to be out of stock of anything I'm looking for these days - stock control seems to have taken a back seat there in the last few years.

Maybe together they'll be better - but they're going to have to go some to get my regular custom again.

Top Bottom