Wiggle to snap up its main competition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom B

Guru
Actually believe it or not been buying more from Halfords!! Web prices can at times be competitive and handy for pick up!

As much as it pains me I was only thinking yesterday that Halfrauds seem to be getting their act together with cycling stuff. The selection of tyres is woeful, but pricing of accessories is becoming increasingly keen, with price-matching available. The big bonus is that you can of course go and pick your stuff up and that's a good excuse for a bike ride.

They also have some good deals and specials as evidenced in the Bargains Thread.

On the other hand I find Wiggle's pricing less keen as the months go by and the website less and less navigable. They are a nightmare for sending out irrelevant spam that has to be cancelled after every order. CRC have a better selection of accessories and components.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
As much as it pains me I was only thinking yesterday that Halfrauds seem to be getting their act together with cycling stuff. The selection of tyres is woeful, but pricing of accessories is becoming increasingly keen, with price-matching available. The big bonus is that you can of course go and pick your stuff up and that's a good excuse for a bike ride.

They also have some good deals and specials as evidenced in the Bargains Thread.

On the other hand I find Wiggle's pricing less keen as the months go by and the website less and less navigable. They are a nightmare for sending out irrelevant spam that has to be cancelled after every order. CRC have a better selection of accessories and components.

I said this to our lass this morning, biggest problem they have though is you check that the local store has what you want online, but when you go in they don't have it.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Happened this week to me but they are/ can be competitive with stuff that has to be ordered in on occasions ? Don't rule them out

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Oh Dear. I'm a big user of CRC, and increasingly less of a Wiggle one.
Same here. :sad:. Also, I think the merger just (at least partially) occurred, because yesterday I placed an order with CRC, and today I loaded the CRC website, only to be confronted with an IANA message saying the domain name wasn't valid.

I also just tried to find the Moon X-Power 780 light on Wiggle, because I'd looked for it on CRC earlier in the week, but it was out of stock. Wiggle don't even list it.

Last edited:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Never mind. I just ordered an Exposure Sirius front light from Wiggle. I've had my eye on that brand for a while now, so decided I'd give it a try. It's a lot lighter than the Moon 780, too. Probably not as bright, but it doesn't need to be for the trips I'll be using it on.

Top Bottom