Wiggle to snap up its main competition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelO

Veteran
Wiggle are owned by the private equity company Bridgepoint. Usual tactic - buy a complementary business, make efficiencies and then sell on for a tidy profit.

This won't have been Wiggle's own decision.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Oh Dear. I'm a big user of CRC, and increasingly less of a Wiggle one.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Or could be an offer too good to refuse. I reckon margins are getting squeezed especially with price matching the international sites.

Not sure I would want to invest lots of dosh in to a mamouth cycling business at the moment.

I have spent barely anything with Wiggle in two years and even less with CRC.

gavintc

Guru
I have not used either for some years now. I will check out their prices from time to time, but both are more expensive than the competition. So, for me - not concerned/

CRC was better in price, service and delivery. Their website was also more intuitive and well laid out. And I guess the end of a good thing. Wiggle was decent but an obvious second to CRC. Not sure if the anti-competition laws are being breached. With Ribble sold to another investment fund 4 months ago, I guess we will have to strap ourselves in and watch the prices creeping up as investment funds are not there for the joy of cycling.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I never look or buy from wiggle..i hate their we site..

i have spent a lot with CRC..
but i use Rutland Cycles for bike buying and most spares now..i like going into the shop and enjoying the whole experience...you pay a little more,but its worth the extra...

Top Bottom