Wiggle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Not sure how I'd feel about this. I doubt Wiggle are thinking that a glut of overshoe returns is going to send them under, but they could have cut you some slack and replaced them as goodwill gesture, with a warning to be good next time. £15 vs some customer loyalty is a small price to pay for them in the longer term.

FWIW, I've always found wiggle's customer service to be excellent (other excellent online cycle shops are available).

I have a far more important complaint against them. There was no haribo in the box with my new panniers last week :sad:
I think I may have got your packet, I had 2!

I use wiggle all the time and always found them to be excellent. I don't see how you can expect them to accept this as a fault. Cheap product, possibly not worn properly (they don't know you may not have put them on properly) and they are not designed to be walked in. Certainly not correct to compare this with a £1500 bike purchased from them!

BigAl68

Über Member
I hate overshoes as I could destroy a pair in a month if they were cheap ones. Got a pair of winter boots this summer and they are worth every penny. On wiggle customer service I have had two issues with warranty and they were great.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Invest in winter boots and dont waste time on overshoes, jobs a good un.

BUT if your going to walk in them with spd shoes, then the studs are going to make a hole in them, whether they are 1 ride or 10 rides old, they are simply not for walking in. Put the overshoes back on in the same place next time and then you will not got anymore holes and no more deteriation.

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
I didn't walk in them. I put them on, got on my bike, cycled about a bit, occassionally stopped, maybe got off and took 6-12 steps to go for a pee, I can't remember exactly. But I wasn't walking about in them by any means.

The reason I mentioned the £1,500 bike was because in my experience online sellers generally don't argue the toss because it's not worth it. If there is a problem with a product - one ride in, holes in them - then here is a replacement, or you can return them. They do not seem to care about losing custom, they do not seem to value the customer, therefore if I had a real issue with a more expensive product, I'm not confident they would sort it out.

Winter boots is the answer I think!

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
No need to compare it to a "bike fail" - you walked on (fairly cheap) overshoes so why try to ask if the bikes will fail? A bit nobberish.

Thank you for your contribution. I feel the personal insult is a bit far, but there you go. I'll put it down to experience as this forum does not seem to have a lot of insulting going on.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I didn't walk in them. I put them on, got on my bike, cycled about a bit, occassionally stopped, maybe got off and took 6-12 steps to go for a pee, I can't remember exactly. But I wasn't walking about in them by any means.

The reason I mentioned the £1,500 bike was because in my experience online sellers generally don't argue the toss because it's not worth it. If there is a problem with a product - one ride in, holes in them - then here is a replacement, or you can return them. They do not seem to care about losing custom, they do not seem to value the customer, therefore if I had a real issue with a more expensive product, I'm not confident they would sort it out.

Winter boots is the answer I think!
Whether u took 1 step or 300 steps, the studs on spds are sharp and will penetrate the material, its as simples as that, no overshoe will be able to stope that happening........they are just not designed for that purpose

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
I'm confused. Where are the studs in relation to the cleats?

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
£15 isn't a great deal for over shoes and the material doesn't look too good, Like my Nan used to say "buy cheap, buy twice"

Mrs M

Guru
I have a pair of Wiggles own DHB overshoes that were only about £10. They have pre cut holes in them already to fit round cleats and heel. I've had these for ages and happily clunck around in them and they have no additional holes.
Looks like your ones are very poor quality though, don't think they should have holes in after one ride.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Whether u took 1 step or 300 steps, the studs on spds are sharp and will penetrate the material, its as simples as that, no overshoe will be able to stope that happening........they are just not designed for that purpose

+1.
Overshoes are used for multiple purposes, some are light and visually appealing or have reflective details , others claim to offer some kind of aero benefits, some keep your feet warm, some might even keep your feet dry for a short while, but what you get will be a compromise. You can get tough Overshoes but in return for this they'll be heavy and made of thicker materials.

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Maybe I've not got studs then.

It's these . . .

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg