Wiggle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry mate but that's overshoes for you. Try them with spd sl s and you,'ll get less mileage. It,s just part of cycling. Chin up :thumbsup:

U

User6179

I did exact same thing as the OP the first time I bought the same BBB overshoes , I holed them first time on but on the heel with heel rub .

The reason being they are called HARDWEAR , if they were called SOFTWEAR then you would maybe try and avoid such contact as SOFTWEAR is a far better description of the material.
After holing mine I used Duct tape to patch them up and was more careful with them and they lasted 2 winters and I now have another pair .

I still get wet feet wearing them but never cold feet .

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I also gave up on over shoes. Winter boots are far better.

My pair of Spesh SPD shoes have two (removable) front studs.

bpsmith

Veteran
It's hard for them tot he difficult thing with saying they wore out after"a single ride" is that who know how far they were walked in? I rarely get off the bike when I am out and it's a very short distance when commuting, so I could ride all year and walk less in my overshoes than the OP who said that they only made a few stops. It's imposdible to quantify. Wiggle also don't know if it's actually only one ride, I guess too. I am not suggesting it wasn't, but thinking from their point of view.

Crankarm

Guru
It's hard for them tot he difficult thing with saying they wore out after"a single ride" is that who know how far they were walked in? I rarely get off the bike when I am out and it's a very short distance when commuting, so I could ride all year and walk less in my overshoes than the OP who said that they only made a few stops. It's imposdible to quantify. Wiggle also don't know if it's actually only one ride, I guess too. I am not suggesting it wasn't, but thinking from their point of view.

Yeah, they are rightly wiggling out of replacing them.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Stopping is the problem - the OP needs to get a wiggle on.

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't think thants acceptable. Overshoes are notorisously fragile, but 36 miles is laughable. I would suggest if their lifespan is that limited it's a significant enough feature that it should be mentioned on the website listing. When I ordered my Felt from Wiggle last summer it arrived with the wrong spec. Wiggle were of the opinion "tough tit" and only changed their position when I told them I was exercising my rights under the Distance Selling Act to return the bike that their expense. This would cost them even more expense, and they relented.

I've found plain black Planet X overshoes to be cheap but relatively durable. Not sexy, but you'll get a useful life out of them for not a lot of dollar.

bpsmith

Veteran
The miles cycled is irrelevant @Drago. It's the amount of walking that the OP did that has caused this. Physically impossible to do what he did by just cycling.

Top Bottom