Wiggle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
We have to take him at his work that the walking was minimal. I've probably walked 36 miles in my Planet X overshoes over the years, and they're still pretty sound.

screenman

Legendary Member
Look at the sharp bits on the shoes, and the holes in the socks, do they line up.

bpsmith

Veteran
I always look at the sale items before buying and buy stuff that's way more than I would normally spend, but only pay the price equivalent to the cheaper stuff.

I bought Castelli overshoes before Christmas. £50 usually and I paid £22. They are very well made and built to last. Textured rubber on the front and back where you may touch the ground when walking. 3 cold, wet rides later and dry and warm inside each time. Can't argue with that.

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
I didn't walk in them. I stepped from my door to bike, put my foot down occasionally due to stopping as per other road users etc, and stepped off the bike.

Do you float to your bike? What am I missing here?

screenman

Legendary Member
I didn't walk in them. I stepped from my door to bike, put my foot down occasionally due to stopping as per other road users etc, and stepped off the bike.

Do you float to your bike? What am I missing here?

My overshoes fit in such a way that they are not between the ground and the sole of my shoe, when I put my foot down.

If you had flat doled shoes the cleat would have hit the floor before the sock. Your shoes whilst not having studs as such do have something to make them easier to walk in.

You have a road shoe sock and would do better with a MTB shoe style sock.

bpsmith

Veteran
Y
My overshoes fit in such a way that they are not between the ground and the sole of my shoe, when I put my foot down.

If you had flat doled shoes the cleat would have hit the floor before the sock. Your shoes whilst not having studs as such do have something to make them easier to walk in.

You have a road shoe sock and would do better with a MTB shoe style sock.
our second post, which is the sixth on this thread, states that you made a couple of stops. That suggests that you got off the bike and walked at said stops?

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
I cycled to Kilsyth, down to Cumbernauld area, then towards Kirkintilloch. I think I got off the bike for a pee - so yes, I will have taken a couple of steps there. Bit more cycling, stopped at Greggs, 5 paces into shop, 5 paces back out.

So all in all, about 10 steps with each shoe? Is that too many?

screenman

Legendary Member
Y

our second post, which is the sixth on this thread, states that you made a couple of stops. That suggests that you got off the bike and walked at said stops?

I walk from my office to the garage, then from the garage back to my office after my rides, is there something wrong with that?

screenman

Legendary Member
I cycled to Kilsyth, down to Cumbernauld area, then towards Kirkintilloch. I think I got off the bike for a pee - so yes, I will have taken a couple of steps there. Bit more cycling, stopped at Greggs, 5 paces into shop, 5 paces back out.

So all in all, about 10 steps with each shoe? Is that too many?

It is when you have the wrong mix of shoe and over shoe like you have there.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
The amount of steps is irrelevant

If i rode my brand new bike 1 mile, stopped, put bike against wall and ripped the bar tape, does that mean the bar tape is faulty and should return the bike.

NO, it means i did something that caused the defect, just like walking in the overshoes over ground that caused the damage.........the amount of riding, walking is irrelevant, you walked, you scuffed the underneath of the overshoes, get over it, they can still be worn

Drago

Legendary Member
How do you use overshoes if you can't walk in them? Do you levitate to your bike after donning them? Do you do an almighty trackstand at each set of traffic lights?

While their primary function is not for walking it is perfectly reasonable to expect that there will be a minimal amount of walking most of us are incapable of floating in mid air.

Top Bottom