Wiggle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Road bike vs. Mountain bike shoes

The majority of overshoes are designed to be worn with road specific shoes; these shoes have a smooth sole except for a heel pad and the cleat, therefore the overshoes can wrap around the sole allowing a close fitting profile. However, you can also buy overshoes that are suitable for mountain bike shoes as well; mountain bike shoes have lugs and studs on the sole, so these overshoes have a larger opening on the base to allow the tread to protrude. These kind of overshoes are also useful for commuting, where you may have to walk longer distances in your shoes, as they avoid you scuffing the fabric underneath the shoe when you walk.

If you are looking for overshoes that are suitable for mountain bike shoes as well as road cycling shoes, then consider those that have a Velcro fastening under the sole rather than just two openings at cleat and heel. The Velcro fastening is less likely to interfere with the tread on mountain biking and commuting shoes.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
How do you use overshoes if you can't walk in them? Do you levitate to your bike after donning them? Do you do an almighty trackstand at each set of traffic lights?

While their primary function is not for walking it is perfectly reasonable to expect that there will be a minimal amount of walking most of us are incapable of floating in mid air.
As in my previous reply i use winter boots and avoid faffing around with overshoes

Can walk were i want then

Top Bottom