Wirral to Deeside help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
That's exactly the route I mapped out above, it's the way all experienced Wirral based cyclists would go, there is no better alternative. I think subaqua was just trying to be helpful when he mapped out a route using a web-based map, they may look like rideable roads/tracks, but if they were - we'd all be using them like you say. You can't beat local knowledge.

yeah my Local knowledge is about 10 years out of date now.
I can remember cutting down through Burton etc to miss out traffic chaos from Shotwick Hollow to the old lights at the junction of A550/A5117, but thats many many years ago now

dodgy

Regarding the Burton Marshes link

From http://www.chestercyclecity.org/wp-content/themes/CycleChester/files/CCC Minutes October 2011.pdf

"3) Burton Marshes MOD RSPB Link
Information received from Glyn Evans, Sustrans Flintshire office, states that the link across the marshes is
expected to be up and running in 2012, as all parties involved are now on board and there is a consensus on
the route to be taken"

Hmm, we'll see.

dodgy

Big update on this thread, from http://www.chestercyclecity.org/?p=823

Burton Marshes Cycle Link
After a number of squabbles and delays, it looks as if the construction of the cycle link from Deeside to Burton across Burton Marshes may finally be going ahead. Both the RSPB and MOD have apparently confirmed their support for the proposals, and signed contracts are expected soon.

Story is dated 11th October 2012.

I was at a cycle forum recently and it was mentioned the RSPB link will open this year, and apparently Chester and Cheshire West council have plans to link this into the Wirral Way - that may just be sploshing magic paint about of course...

dodgy

The new route is well under way now, looks to be finishing in roughly 4 weeks, easily in time for Easter any way, probably a lot before. They're building a boardwalk with non slip surface for part of it as the ground underneath is quite marshy.

Can't come soon enough.

BikeLiker

The new route is well under way now, looks to be finishing in roughly 4 weeks, easily in time for Easter any way, probably a lot before. They're building a boardwalk with non slip surface for part of it as the ground underneath is quite marshy.

Can't come soon enough.

That's great news - thanks for the update.

Can't come soon enough.
Where will it link to on the Welsh side, Deeside somewhere?

dodgy

Apparently it will link to Hawarden Bridge station.

neil wyn

Really looking forward to this link opening, work seems to be moving on at a pace now after all the years of negotiations! The route winds its way through the ind. estate after going under the dual carriagway to reach the cycle path to Hawarden Bridge, or of course the Flintshire Bridge is another option, though it's without a dedicated cycle lane. Decent update here: http://www.aboutmyarea.co.uk/Cheshi...1522-New-Cycle-Route-Links-Neston-and-Deeside

Top Bottom