Yearly Targets for 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Planned 8,000 miles, hoped for 10,000, but after a good start, family matters got and continue to get in the way. I think I still have over 3,000 to do before the end of the year,. Which is looking like a tall order in the circumstances :sad:

lane

Veteran
I don't set myself mileage targets ( although has been about 2,000 miles for past few years which I am happy with). I do like to plan some other cycling targets for the year and I then just make sure I have enough fitness to complete / enjoy them.

In the dark days of last winter, when I was suffering with the flu and feeling quite miserable, I came up with some things to look forward to and cheer myself up with: These were

- 3 day tour of Holland with a couple of friends. Completed this and it was brilliant fun.
- 100 mile Audax in Suffolk. Completed although harder than expected because it was very hot - still enjoyed and good to look back on.
- First 100 mile ride with my Son (Derby to Skegness) completed this and he was thrilled so great day out. Also involved some training rides with him which were also fun.
- 100 Mile ride with cycling club (Derby to Skegness) NOT completed because went down with a cold at the wrong time.
- Do as many of the cycling clubs weekly evening rides as possible. Completed this missed very few.

My only remaining target now is to finish off the 50km monthly challenge on here.

Cycling wise I regard 2018 as very satisfactory.

si_c

Guru
Originally my target was 10,000mi for the year. I *might* make 8000 if I push hard.

Lack of motivation through Jun/July/August meant I didn't really do any big rides this year, so I've been relying on commuting for my miles really.

My only aim is to try and ride consistently

upload_2018-9-24_14-38-33.png

As you can see, my cycling comes in fits and starts. I did initially sign up for one of the challenges this year to try and be more consistent but it wasn't long before something broke my rhythm. No big rides this year but a few memorable ones and a nice 4 day tour.

D

Deleted member 1258

I never set a mileage target. I'm at 3500 miles, which is about where I'd expect to be at this time of year. It looks like I could be somewhere between 4-5000 miles by the end of the year, which would be about normal for me. Its funny how it works out, when I retired in 2015 I thought I'd have the time to get some miles in, but it hasn't worked out like that, life keeps getting in the way and I'm doing no more miles than I did when I was working and cycle commuting most days.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
I`m another one who does not set a mileage target for the year, instead I set myself a distance. The CC monthly challenges have been the making of me, I started with the 50km challenge in 2016, moved up to the 100km in 2017 and the Imperial Century for 2018 (i`m actually trying to do all 3 this year without double posting). So far so good with 36 imperials up until now with a minimum of 40 targeted by the end of the year, but i`m hoping to hit that by the end of next month to be honest.

The Bystander

Über Member
5,000 miles was the original target but that was pretty much abandoned after the “beast from the East” and its friends saw me 600 miles behind my 2017 mileage by the end of April.

20180924_graph.png

Revised target “beat my 2017 total” (4,073). I’m currently 200 miles behind target, needing another 972 miles by the end of the year. As the daylight hours start to dwindle and the “named storms” rattle in from the Atlantic it’s looking doubtful...

On the plus side I’ve already beaten my points tally from last year’s half century challenge.

Top Bottom