Yearly Targets for 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
My target was to make an extra effort to get to 4000 miles.
Normally, between commuting and the odd leisure ride I get to 3500/3800 miles.
I'll not reach this years target, the commute is only 10 miles a day.
Like @nickyboy said
Very busy with work. March was too snowy. June/July too hot

mgs315

Going fairly ok. Set myself a target of 3000 miles this year. Haven’t been able to commute as often as I’d have liked to boost the numbers (I require lots of kit and/or work nights a lot) and also had a lot of stuff to organise round the house so been struggling to get the 57ish miles a week required.

Just ticked over 2500 miles today, should get another 100 in this week if I get out the house on Sunday for a metric century.

Most important thing for me has been to boost my fitness. Power to weight is up a bit so that’s a start, though I’m about half a stone heavier now! Hopefully I can keep it steady throughout winter so I’ve got a good baseline to start with next spring.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I haven't bothered with targets for the last few years. I still haven't counted last year's total up yet. I've had a decent summer mileage wise. Looking at my diary but not counting them i'd say i've done around 100 miles a week(Hey,none of your flat miles either,we're talking hills here!:heat: ;)) from May to August,sometimes less than that,sometimes more,so i'm happy with that. I won't be doing near half that from now on as i'm off road for a month due to my hernia op' and by the time i can ride again it'll be crap weather time,so i'm planning on putting my bikes away till next spring(like i did last year) and doing some swimming and static bike stuff at a local gym. Who knows,i might even take up running:eek: albeit on a treadmill.:whistle:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I set myself 4 targets this year.

1) Reach 100,000 life time miles, I needed to do 4,191 mile which I completed end of March.
2) Complete 100 life time century rides. I needed to do 20 this year, currently on 30
3) Do a 200km ride each month Jan - May to give me 12 month rolling - did that now seeing if I can carry it on to the end of the year
4) Ride at least 10 miles each day, currently on target, hardest day was when I had to fly out to Belgium and back in the same day. Got up at 2am to do a ride before going to the airport

Rowano

Absolutely abysmal and I'm really annoyed with myself for it.

Started the year at 15 st riding around 30 to 40 miles on a decent ride. Currently 16.5 stone. I'm riding further and faster, that's not a problem but my job makes it so difficult to have a decent diet when I'm out of the house at 7 am, back home 9pm and spend 3 days a week in hotels. Discipline aunta strong point :popcorn:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Started with good intentions, but a combination of a very wintery March and a job that effectively wipes out any chance for mid-week post work rides during the summer means I'm still a way off although it might be doable if I put the effort in. So probably not then. ;)

That said, I'm still in the Half Century Challenge for a third year (only 3 more rides stand between me and glory now) and I've got a sportive to do in a couple of weeks, so who knows?

goal.JPG

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
My "target" of 3,000 miles was never carved in stone, but would be nice to hit, as it's my average total for the last three years. Bang on target so far, at 2,300 miles. Seems to be just about right for my work/life balance. My main aims for the year were actually:
  • to do another 200 miles abroad .... ended up doing 199.7, so that'll do nicely.
  • to do another two or three categorised Tour de France climbs .... managed two of them in the Vosges (both Cat 1), so happy with that. One of them was my biggest ever climb at 783 metres of height gain. I also hit my highest altitude of 1,325m, beating anything I've managed in the Alps. The Col du Petit Ballon, (climbing 763 metres over 9.3km) was my toughest climb to date, and tremendously satisfying.
  • to complete another Metric Century a Month Challenge. Still on course, having just done another one to keep the run going .... currently stands at 45 consecutive months.
  • to get below 20 stone and to get up at least one big climb on a club ride with me not in last place. (still working on those! :blush:).

Top Bottom