Yoof doing wheelies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It seems to be a growing trend amongst London's Yoof to do wheelies. I don't mean the odd kid, but loads of them. And blimey they are good at it. Even the 12yo next door neighbour kid is good at it. I used to wheelie when I was younger but no where near as good or as far as the kids do today.

On this mornings commute I saw a kid ahead doing a most spectacular wheelie, at some speed too. When I overtook I did say to him that it was awesome. I think he was a little taken aback at my positive comment but gave me a 'Cheers Bruv!' in return.

Yeah they do it in the roads, a little bit dangerous and probably irritates people and car drivers. But so what, bunch of fuddy duddies. Long may it continue.

Is it a London thing.. or elsewhere too?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Same around Hamtun.
Most impressive, but a bit of jealousy creeps in when I see them. If I get two revolutions on the pedals with the front popped up, I think I'm hip. :laugh:

si_c

Guru
Definitely not a laaandan thing, they do them round here, usually wearing black clothing, on black bikes in the dark. I'd rather they did it on the road though than on the pavement, as some of them are going a fair pace, and there's lots of elderly people around here.

Jody

Stubborn git

It's not a youf or Landan ting. I still love doing wheelies and there isn't a time I get on my bike I don't do one. Suppose I should be too old for it now but I just can't help it. Longest wheelie I ever did was over 1/3 of a mile and fastest would be well into mid 30's

Its a great feeling. You should get learning @ianrauk

jayonabike