You'll always get home some how

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
Posted this in the "accident advice" discussion, but worth repeating....,

If you have an iPhone, open the “Health” app, then select “Medical ID” (bottom right) then “edit”.

1. You can add emergency contact numbers, important medical details, allergies, details of medications etc. For example, mine contains the mobile numbers for my wife and daughters, and notes that i am diabetic.

You then select “Show when locked”.

That means that even if the phone is locked, someone can press the “emergency” button, select “Medical ID”, and it’ll display that info, and let them call the emergency contacts.

People like the Ambulance Service will know to check this. It’s also increasingly being mentioned when people do First Aid training.

I was going to post this, I think Android phones have something similar, may be worth adding that as a sticky somewhere?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
You shouldn't have said that ..:smile:
Oh, I've said worse and gotten away with it so far. I've even managed to run myself over with bikes at least twice and escaped uninjured.

Hey, if you want to see risky cycling and getting away with it, there's some in "Collateral Beauty" at the cinema at the mo.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I was going to post this, I think Android phones have something similar, may be worth adding that as a sticky somewhere?
Settings: Lock screen: Owner info, in Android 4 or later AFAIK. Android 2 needs an app to do it. The setting might be called something slightly different in customised versions like Samsung's or Sony's.

classic33

Leg End Member
@Accy cyclist : thanks for the good wishes, much appreciated, I'm actually laying in my hospital bed as I'm typing this post It was a complete clean break of the thigh bone below the ball joint, so have had an operation to reattach with a couple of Titanium screws and a plate. The consultant said the op went very well and I should make a full recovery, mainly due to the fact that for a 57 year old I am very fit and well (mainly due to the cycling). Started the physiotherapy yesterday and hope to get discharged today, so now the long haul of post-op recovery begins, hopefully in few months time I'll be able to get back on the bike. It can't come round quick enough, at least it'll be around spring time and the weather should be better and I can go for gentle pootles around the countryside....that is if Mrs W let's me back on the bike! Might have to look into getting a road tricycle, do these exist?
Luckily my employers are very understanding so don't have that worry, so can just concentrate on getting back to normal.
Course they do, or try the dark side! Recumbents.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Relic! Mine'll be 17 this March, and it's an Ericsson
That's some going! I have one of these from 1998 in a red leather holster,upstairs in a box.
motorola.jpg

I wonder if it'd work if i charged it up?:scratch:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
An MG1, should charge if the battery hasn't leaked.
I'll have a look at it. I know little about these things:blush:. Even if it charges,will it still be able to make and take calls?

Top Bottom