You'll never get me in Lycra...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
Back when I were a lycra wearer and went a pub I used to pop into the throne room and whip the braces off for the duration of the visit (and the ride home if I thought a hedge might need a watering!).

D

Deleted member 1258

Naturally my black leggings are lycra. (Special lycra that makes them a bit wrinkly)
But the beige baggy shorts I wear over my black leggings are not.
This combination makes me a style god.

Nora Batty style!

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I've only ever bought one cycling top new, a boggo standard Altura one I got with my first full suss mountain bike in 2002.

I built up my first road bike in 2009, an old steel framed Denti. I remember seeing a cool old woollen Denti jersey on ebay, and as I didn't have an account then I phoned my Mum and got her to use her account to 'buy it now' for me. It cost £30 at the time, cor how the price of good woollen jerseys on ebay has gone up!

I don't like the look of most new jerseys and much prefer the old style ones so after that day I thought I'd better get an ebay account and look for myself. And since then ......the OP has just forced me to do an audit:blush: ....I've used the auction site to acquire:

7 pairs of cycling shorts
1 set of long bib tights
5 long sleeve cycling jackets
4 pairs of vintage crochet gloves
10 cycling caps
1 thermal Denti skinsuit
and 30:blush: cycle jerseys....what can I say, there's loads of cool jerseys out there^_^. I've even got a lovely woollen Vittoria tyres jersey with a Biachi crest embroidered on, and I don't own a Bianchi:whistle:

My most recent one was a Bottecchia jersey from Switzerland from the same year as my recent Bottecchia bike. If the OP has only been cycling 18 months and has all that already, dudes gunna need a bigger wardrobe very soon:laugh:

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Oh and as I'm not a regular in the modern cycling kit market I got a surprise with my most recent set of bibs that I thought I'd share. Apologies for drawing attention to ones undercarriage, its probably not the done thing..... I recently got some Molteni bibs to go with my Eddy Merckx, they were brand new with tags, yes the thought of second hand bibs just conjures up images of putting on another mans sweaty pants, and is a step too far, even for me.

Anyway the bibs look nice and retro looking and plain on the outside, why I bought them, but the inside.....I've never seen owt like it, the marketing department has been let loose in the nether regions:crazy:......its done out like one of those maps you get in a butchers, where they have all the bits of the animal marked out with the name of the cut, there's soft zones and comfort zones, no hard zones (easy folks lets not go there:whistle:), high density zones with a density of 150, 150 what exactly??? High protection zones at the front that appear to offer no extra protection at all, for a squarely aimed kick in the plums or any other full frontal assault. And the bit at the back where your buttocks overhang has super gel (it doesn't have any gel) and 9D, 9D? on a scale of what, A-Z,? Does it take 9 dimensions to actually view my arse, I think I'm offended^_^. What a load of absolute nonsense, is this the norm on modern kit now?
tR5n0p4.jpg

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I regard cycling as an activity to be done dressed in shabby cast off everyday clothing, just like DIY, car maintenance, and general messing around in the garden or out in the shed sort of stuff.
Yeahbut ... where do you get your cloths for cleaning the bike then?

I must admit I did try some lycra, padded shorts but found them so uncomfortable and sweaty I soon gave them up,they still live somewhere in my wardrobe
I know!
To me the padding gives a horrible uncomfortable feeling.
Most cyclists love their padded shorts though.

Top Bottom