Your birth town.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TrishE

Über Member
I was born in Hanover then moved to Newcastle a year later, and being an army brat moved every few years. I have never settled anywhere. Living on a boat suits me she's home :smile:

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Born & raised (until I was 5) in Slough. Both sets of grand parents lived there, so school holidays often involved visits down that way. I still have a strong sense of connection with the area.

Off the top of my head (I stand to be corrected), some of the famous names I remember as associated with Birmingham - James Watt and Matthew Boulton, Joseph Chamberlain, JRR Tolkien, Tony Hancock, Enoch Powell, Red Robbo, Lenny Henry, Jasper Carrot, TISWAS, ELO, Ozzy Osbourne, Trevor Francis. My knowledge peters out after the 70's !

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Born & raised (until I was 5) in Slough. Both sets of grand parents lived there, so school holidays often involved visits down that way. I still have a strong sense of connection with the area.
My parents moved to just down the road from there when I was a child.... (turn left rather than right at junction 7), but it's so different these days, and it must be 20-30 years since I was in the town centre.

My birth town doesn't mean that much to me ... it was in a hospital, but my parents home towns do mean more to me having lived a short while in both, and spent numerous holidays with the extended family.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Doubt if anyone on here has even heard of the little village I was born in and spent my first 23 years. Dunning in Perthshire, Scotland.

In saying that, I have heard of people from the village travelling all over the world and mentioning it and being surprised by meeting people that knew of it.

Enjoyed growing up there but don't think I would want to go back now.

The greatest front man in rock history was born in my home town
So the rest of you might as well just rejoice in Bon

@Marmion I take it you approve of the Quick Step tweet earlier this week ?

IMG_0202.PNG

Freds Dad

Veteran
My hometown hase declined in so many ways in my 44 years, and TBH I would be away from here in a shot if it weren't for family ties.

Once the inevitable happens with Grandparents and parents I will seriously consider a full on relocation.

Same hometown for me but I left in the late 80's and although I've been back to the area I was born I haven't been in the town centre for over 25 years and from what I hear it has gone severely downhill.

I now live in a nice little village just outside Macclesfield and will remain here until we both retire then we will probably go and live in Portugal.

keithmac

Guru
I was born in York and am still here!, you forget how nice it is plenty of history and some lovely old buildings.

Plus Guy Fawkes came from York iirc?.

Top Bottom