Your inspiration to get on a bike? And why do you keep doing it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Si_

Regular
I was just putting together a collection of Jo Burt art work, of that little scallywag Mint sauce, then i wondered, what are other peoples inspiration for cycling?

Jo really captures the essence of bikeing for me, hills, summer days, friends, mishaps, laughs and allthe other bits like wind rain and stuff that only a fellow cyclist will "get"

so my inspiration is kinda hippy, nature, and "getting out there"

whats yours?

http://www.thisiswhy.ip3.co.uk/thisiswhy/Images/Calendars/1999/99julaug.jpg

My mate Andy was the inspiration for Jo Burt creating Mint Sauce. As it happens.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Inspiration:
1.An expanding waistline and a desire to try and ward off the dreaded heart disease which my fathers side of the family all suffered from.
2. A liking for the outdoors and remote places where peace and quiet abounds.
3. The sense of achievement when completing a planned (or even better, unplanned) route.
4. To save money, as my other hobbies involve burning petrol which is becoming stupidly expensive.

Why do I keep doing it?
1. Because I enjoy it, and....
2. Because I can.

For me it's a feeling of freedom. I'm doing what I want, when I want, and no-one can take it away from me. In a life of so many restrictions, it's something that is totally up to me, and the effort I put into it. It's also a feeling that for me is addictive.

Brandane

Legendary Member
For me it's a feeling of freedom. I'm doing what I want, when I want, and no-one can take it away from me. In a life of so many restrictions, it's something that is totally up to me, and the effort I put into it. It's also a feeling that for me is addictive.

That is a very good point. Another reason why I like cycling is that it is - SO FAR - not over restricted by unnecessary rules and regulations. As long as you don't do anything dangerous or outrageously stupid while out on your bike, you will pretty much avoid prosecution.

The day they start to regulate it will be the day I stop doing it. I am referring to stuff like making insurance compulsory; wearing protective equipment; having to register bikes etc.. Please don't mock, it might happen at some point in the future.

Why? Because it's 71f, sunny and dry, I have the day off from work and I'm looking forward to ripping the cr@p out of the trails which are in great shape. 2 hours of mtbing while listening to some loud music, doesn't get much better than this.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Why? Because it's 71f, sunny and dry, I have the day off from work and I'm looking forward to ripping the cr@p out of the trails which are in great shape. 2 hours of mtbing while listening to some loud music, doesn't get much better than this.

Why is there not a DISLIKE button? ^_^
I'm not jealous, not at all :whistle: . Enjoy!

stu9000

Because I spend my life in a series of boxes whether it be house car or office. Whether it be sailing canoeing skiing walking camping and driving (if the top is down) my own little adventures also count. Life's a journey. Since we climbed down from the trees, since magellan, the moon and beyond. Mankind has always loved seeing what is over the next hill.

Top Bottom