Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Nice ride today. 13.7 miles with Hubster. I took the route that I rode yesterday but joined up the ends. i.e. I didn't stop at the hospital but carried on through Cringleford and up Bluebell Road to home. I was aiming for the hour but ended up as 1:01:13. Poot! Hubster did well and I didn't have to keep stopping and waiting for him so his fitness must be improving a bit now.

The sunshine was lovely, we'd have stayed out longer, but it's Thursday and I have my half an hour :giggle: guitar lesson (and time in the works office) at half past 12. Out by 5pm so pretty good. I really love my Pro Carbon. The more I ride it, the more I love it (must change the handlebars for some 40cm ones soon, new bar tape too)

theloafer

Legendary Member
legs were feeling leady this morning:laugh: after wed ride but as the weather is about to change tomorrow I talked them into it,.....took me a while to make my mind up for a destination then settled on Northallerton as it poss where the Darlington 50 mile ride will be going in may^_^ I picked up the route at Neasham via GT Stainton -Sadberge-Middleton st George...only to be faced with a road closed sign :ohmy: two cars came down so onward I went :whistle: after crossing the river tees at low dinsdale a cyclist appeared .... he told me that they were resurfacing the road and I could get past but needed to walk on the verge ^_^^_^
the workmen were fine but warned me to say off is it was still fresh and very hot(its like a snooker table):wahhey:... as I just left Northallerton I noticed my front tyre was soft :cry:the p***ture fairy got me ...at scorton had a quick refuel stop (bad lad) :laugh::laugh:
WP_20150423_001.jpg

just before Moulton
WP_20150423_002.jpg

I avoided Darlington and went via cockerton green where I also like to stop before heading up the back road to Heighington

think its been warm today :laugh::laugh:
WP_20150423_003.jpg

great to see kids outside and not on putters ^_^^_^
WP_20150423_004.jpg

I tried to go past archers ice cream place ... but the bike just took control :whistle::whistle: (raspberry pavlova)
WP_20150423_005.jpg

I did save some from the wild life ^_^^_^
WP_20150423_006.jpg

longest ride this year 64 miles ^_^^_^ https://www.strava.com/activities/291105449

postman

Legendary Member
55 miles,some of it to say the least,i did not do it justice.5mph at one stage tired and the heat.Embsay Steam Railway.Just past Bolton Abbey.Little tale to tell after a couple of lattes in Otley,i was about to leave,when a school in Otley were throwing out their pupils.Two little oiks shouted ride it old man ride it.I was too tired to reply. 011.JPG 016.JPG 025.JPG 031.JPG 033.JPG 036.JPG 037.JPG

Snoopeh

Regular
My rides usually consist of how far along the forth&clyde canal I can make it until my legs start to go then I turn back. Since I started cycling again and using an ap on my phone map my ride. My longest has been about 18miles I guess. But I forgot to turn the app on until just after Castle carry. Not far. But I'm still a chubster. Trying to use cycling something I enjoy a lot to lose weight. I have saw a couple of routes on the app ism using that I want to try but I don't think I have the legs for it yet. This Saturday though I am getting the train to Stirling with my steed and attempting to cycle home. So wish me luck. If I make it all the way home yet u can guarantee I will be celebrating with the finest bottle of tonic wine. Also in the the next month or so I want to attempt a trip to the carron dams and back. Quite far and hilly for me though struggling with hills right now.

My latest trip was a 4.34mile cycle to work down the canal to work. Then a slightly slower 4.34mile cycle home past the kelpies. Which I must say is gorgeous now with the ground lights on the towpath now.

Yesterday. Rode to Southwaite Northbound services on the M6 via Wetheral, A6, Low Hesket and Southwaite. Picked up a shirt at Cotton Traders and came home via The Golden Fleece, Cumwhinton and Scotby. 22 + miles, great cycling weather and a good route on mainly quiet roads (but not A6) but with a couple of trying hills. One or two motorists,give me some funny looks riding through the service area but I was perfectly legal.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Biggest ride of the year today, 96 miles out to the blue egg, lovely grub and cake was great, A nice pleasant day with two friends. Beautiful fields and we past some lovely thatched cottages.https://www.strava.com/activities/290462953
I'd have had to do the extra 4 miles...!.. :laugh:

Great ride though
:okay:

Simontm

Veteran
So another Toil day off so decided to head to the hills again. A 55 miler: Cobham, Ockham, West Horsley...then I went up Shere road (oof), back onto A24 to Holmesbury St Mary's...
image.jpg

then got a bit lost. Turned too early and ended up going up Leith Hill from the north!
image.jpg
back down then up again through Coldharbour (what a lovely village)
image.jpg
Then joined the pros route through to Dorking oops!
Anyway, over box Hill,
image.jpg

oxshott, a coffee at Giro then home. ^_^

Last edited:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
The sun was shining, despite what the BBC website said the other day. I didn't have much time this morning as I have to go to work, so I bobbed down to the hospital to meet Hubster, usual route plus the 2 mile cringleford loop. Nice and quick too. 28:25 so averaging over 14mph for 6.71 miles. I took my Aftershocks and had G3 Live (1997) most of the way, so good old rock music to get me up the hills.

Hoping to ride tomorrow, the afternoon should be OK. Sunday looks wet and miserable though.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Lovely little ride today after fettling the Full Sus for half an hour as I've not been out on it for a while. Just a lube up and a wipe down plus check the brakes etc.

No great dramas or issues, just a nice tootle around some of the local woods, trails and roads for an hour or so,

yellow stuff.jpg

The farmer is growing Yellow Stuff I order to promote the growth of big black flies ready to eat in a short while :hungry:...
None yet, but they're lurking ready to dive down my throat at the first opportunity!!! :laugh:

DSC_0881.JPG

I did a quick circuit of Lings Woods and saw that the local scrotes have been out with a box of Swan Vesta's to set fire to a few bits of it. Hopefully the weather front on Sunday will give everything a soaking so they'll fail in their endeavours for a while..

On my final mile of so home, I rode along Cut Throat Lane, a byway, and got myself an all time KOM on the downhill section :becool:

A lovely 15 miles before w*rk.. Boooo

https://www.strava.com/activities/291579786

:smile:

MikeW-71

Veteran
After yesterdays exertions, a short and easy one (it seems to help the soreness go away), and anyway I have a Brooks Cambium saddle on demo from the LBS to see if I get on with it. A Fizik Alliante that's on the Revolt is fine for brisk riding, but I wouldn't want to do a tour on it where I'd be riding slower.

Just 12 miles, but I was taking it really easy and I could admire again the beautiful part of the world I live in. It would take a hell of a lot to make me move from here, I mean this is but 3 miles from my door. :thumbsup:

17047552657_8b3a8bc315_c.jpg

The saddle was very impressive, even though I had the Aldi tights on (the ones with the pad in the wrong place) it was still comfy. I'll get out on it again soon with a better pair of shorts on and see how it really does. Looks like I could be buying one :smile:

http://app.strava.com/activities/291637219

Top Bottom