Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Guru
Cold but beautiful sunny morning. Working from home, so I decided to go for a quick outing at lunchtime.

Unfortunately by this time the clouds were coming in fast, and there wasn't much sunshine. As I was going out onto the main road I missed a pedal, and trying to get my foot in place I ended up hitting the kerb an falling over. Luckily no damage of note to me or the bike, and more luckily I don't think anyone saw it.

Once I picked myself up I carried on to the usual Hatfield, Pirton, Wadborough circuit. 10.8 miles at 14.7 mph.

Cold but beautiful sunny morning. Working from home, so I decided to go for a quick outing at lunchtime.

Unfortunately by this time the clouds were coming in fast, and there wasn't much sunshine. As I was going out onto the main road I missed a pedal, and trying to get my foot in place I ended up hitting the kerb an falling over. Luckily no damage of note to me or the bike, and more luckily I don't think anyone saw it.

Once I picked myself up I carried on to the usual Hatfield, Pirton, Wadborough circuit. 10.8 miles at 14.7 mph.

Oops... :blush:

Glad no harm done. ;)

Reactions: C R

C R

Guru
[QUOTE 5511547, member: 9609"]what a daft thought to have, and it was also possibly my first thought when I had my little off last winter, I remember looking up and down the road mighty relieved that no one was watching.[/QUOTE]
I know, when in reality it would be preferable for someone to see, in case something serious had happened.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
My ride today ended prematurely and saw me spend nine hours in a&e.

I was crossing a roundabout and a bloke joining in a car decided he would just barrel across the roundabout with no regard for anyone already on it. I could see it happening but was powerless to get out of the way. Straight into my back wheel from the side at I would estimate a good 30mph.

I am sent sprawling across the tarmac suffering cuts and pain to my knee, hip and elbow. I could feel my head, inside my helmet, bouncing over the road surface. I am so glad I wear one as otherwise that would have been my head.

Ambulance takes me away, police kindly organise a van and take my bike home, a quick glance tonight shows the back wheel now a funny shape, not had the heart nor nor the inclination to check out the bike properly.

Will need to check house insurance tomorrow for legal expenses as the driver admitted to both myself and the police who turned up he didn't see me because of the sun, to which my argument would be if you can't see slow down or stop at the roundabout and make sure it is safe to go.

Anyway in a good deal of pain now so a couple of paracetamol and off to bed.
Sorry to hear about this. I hope you heal well and that you won't get messed about with the insurance claim.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Ice about and the temperature took time to get slightly warmer. The sunshine was tempting so I layered up and took to gritted roads south for Staunton with the northerly run starting through Corse Lawn. At Tunnel Hill I risked the lane (which was fine) to get to Hook Bank. Thence the standard loop back. Cold especially heading north into a light but chilly breeze. 30 smiles

Spartak