Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Saturday's ride:-

Mrs 26, me, Jules H, Steve E and John G. Cold north wind set us out along the Hams. John took a wrong turn so some phone calls got us back together. The Cheltenham club had 80 riders out. They were riding in several groups of up to 20 or so. Trioscape had served them all very efficiently. We were equally treated too.

We took to the sheltered route back but first we had a few miles with cafe legs into that wind. We diverted to Pauntley church and Court where Dick Wittington was born and raised. The church has an impressive Norman arch. The shelter of the lanes took us to Castlemorton where John took to the head wind along the main road. Just before Welland Stone a dog got tangled up in Mrs 26's wheels. Nasty fall resulted in an ambulance call. After paramedic and then A&E work in Gloucester she was allowed home. 8 stitches in her face and concussion. Xrays on various suspect bits were clear of breaks thankfully. She's done a lot of resting and sleeping since. One huge shiner of an eye and still recovering from concussion. But she is a bit better today (Monday). 43 smiles but the last 6 were just miles.

A "like" for the ride, not for the ouchies. Hope the missus feels more chipper soon xxx :hugs:

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Sorry to hear about Mrs 26, @twentysix by twentyfive. Hope she recovers quickly and is out riding with you again soon.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris

Mrs 26, me, Jules H, Steve E and John G. Cold north wind set us out along the Hams. John took a wrong turn so some phone calls got us back together. The Cheltenham club had 80 riders out. They were riding in several groups of up to 20 or so. Trioscape had served them all very efficiently. We were equally treated too.

We took to the sheltered route back but first we had a few miles with cafe legs into that wind. We diverted to Pauntley church and Court where Dick Wittington was born and raised. The church has an impressive Norman arch. The shelter of the lanes took us to Castlemorton where John took to the head wind along the main road. Just before Welland Stone a dog got tangled up in Mrs 26's wheels. Nasty fall resulted in an ambulance call. After paramedic and then A&E work in Gloucester she was allowed home. 8 stitches in her face and concussion. Xrays on various suspect bits were clear of breaks thankfully. She's done a lot of resting and sleeping since. One huge shiner of an eye and still recovering from concussion. But she is a bit better today (Monday). 43 smiles but the last 6 were just miles.
Another like for the report but :eek: for what happened. I hope that Mrs 26 will recover well.

Forgot to mention, I had to stop pretty sharpish while riding down O Furlong, because there was a chicken playing chicken... :wacko:

Not often you can say that. :laugh:
Funny you should say that...while approaching one of the steeper descents, round a bend was a cock pheasant in the middle of the road. He squawked off toward me initially, which was a bit concerning, then got a grip and swerved out of the way!

A 'like' for the ride, and a big GWS for Mrs 26. Ouch...

Mike_P

Guru
Just before Welland Stone a dog got tangled up in Mrs 26's wheels. .
Ouch - hope Mrs 26 recovers quickly .

Funny you should say that...while approaching one of the steeper descents, round a bend was a cock pheasant in the middle of the road. He squawked off toward me initially, which was a bit concerning, then got a grip and swerved out of the way!

Ooooer!!!

Pheasants aren't the brightest buttons in the box, judging by the number I tend to see flattened in the road. Except during shooting season. And then you see neither hide nor hair (well, feather, really) of them...

It's just that you get all the jokes about the chicken crossing the road... :giggle:

AndreaJ

Veteran

Also a like for the ride, hope Mrs 26 has a speedy recovery

AndreaJ

Veteran
Forgot to mention, I had to stop pretty sharpish while riding down O Furlong, because there was a chicken playing chicken... :wacko:

Not often you can say that. :laugh:
I also had a “chicken incident “ last year, it decided to cross the lane straight into my front wheel! Luckily I had already seen it and slowed down so it bounced off unharmed although I don’t know who was more shocked me or the crazy chicken.

gavgav

Guru

Best wishes to Mrs 26 for a speedy recovery

Top Bottom