Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
A ride out to watch the Tour of Britian today on stage 7 . Plotted my route out to Fillongay some 28 miles from home . From there I could cut across and catch them again at Astley as the race looped above Atherstone .Normal route out to Market Bosworth then across the A5 where the terrain becomes a lot more rolling . Got to Fillongay early found nice stop to watch . The race came down a descent then hooked left . As the time got nearer loads more cyclists turned up and the infant school came out to cheer them on
IMG_20190913_114722224.jpg

The peleton cometh . Impressive bike handling cornering at speed in a big bunch . Back on the bike had a few traffic free miles as the traffic was still stopped . Heading south via Corley to grab 4 veloveiwer squares before getting back on the race route in reverse . At a left turn the police outrider had stopped the cars but allowed me through saying I'd got 5 mins . Found a spot to watch and soon there charging at us
IMG_20190913_122331119.jpg

2 riders just off the front . I think the Ineos rider is Dylan van Baarle ?. After watching the race and all the following convoy through . It was straight to the cafe at Astley . Lunch consumed then back home . Slight navigation mishap as Ridewithgps had plotted me down a canal towpath . Stayed on the road which meant Nuneaton town centre a bit busy for my liking but soon back in route back to Market Bosworth and an extended route home to take the milage up to 74 miles ( as my current Eddington is 73 ) . This ride also ticked off September's metric century challenge . A great day for a ride weather near perfect

Last edited:

Mrs M

Guru
767B1A44-57F5-4E82-836D-32FAF33A9675.jpeg
4CCBAF36-BB17-41B3-9FCD-560C69CE5326.jpeg

A wee four and a half hour toddle today :ohmy:
Bit of a clear my head ride (shouldn’t have taken that long, surely) :laugh:
The sun was shining, short sleeves and Steptoe gloves were called for!
Toddled along taking in the sights, sound and smells on such a lovely day.
Stopped briefly at Duthie Park for a sandwich and coffee, remembered to “take away” this time and parked myself on a quiet bench in the sunshine, away from the cafe, (which resembles a giant nursery during the day, the noise is unbelievable) :surrender:
Confession time - I’m coming to the end of a trying period in my life. Hooray :thumbsup:
Been off work a while, the childhood trauma I buried so long finally came to get me a few weeks ago “big time”, always knew it would. (Flipped my lid a wee bit) :crazy:
Anyway I’ve got some help, dealt with it (hard work) and I survived.
I kept it a secret for a long time through (misplaced) shame. Know now I shouldn’t have.
Mr M and friends have been great :wub:
Also, very sad news, our neighbour passed away this week (on our wedding anniversary).
He was 87 and been fading in front of my eyes for weeks. Street won’t be same without him. :sad:
He told his wife, “tell (Mrs M) she was my chum”. Never forget that.
Anyway, apologies for posting doom and gloom.
On a more positive note, as we know, cycling does help so much, helps put things in perspective and lift our mood.
I may have gone”a bit weird today” lol but know the old sayings, life’s too short, grab it while you can, etc. make perfect sense now.
My new bike was a wee prezzie to myself for graduating from the “misery”.
Only 2 pics today, a three ball teeing off at Deeside golf club (very posh) and my new lovely new bike in front of the river Dee, overlooking Cleopatras needle in Duthie Park.
Hope you all had a lovely day, xxx

13 rider

Guru
View attachment 484948 View attachment 484947
Stopped briefly at Duthie Park for a sandwich and coffee, remembered to “take away” this time and parked myself on a quiet bench in the sunshine, away from the cafe, (which resembles a giant nursery during the day, the noise is unbelievable) :surrender:
Confession time - I’m coming to the end of a trying period in my life. Hooray :thumbsup:
Been off work a while, the childhood trauma I buried so long finally came to get me a few weeks ago “big time”, always knew it would. (Flipped my lid a wee bit) :crazy:
I kept it a secret for a long time through (misplaced) shame. Know now I shouldn’t have.
Also, very sad news, our neighbour passed away this week (on our wedding anniversary).
He was 87 and been fading in front of my eyes for weeks. Street won’t be same without him. :sad:
On a more positive note, as we know, cycling does help so much, helps put things in perspective and lift our mood.
I may have gone”a bit weird today” lol but know the old sayings, life’s too short, grab it while you can, etc. make perfect sense now.
Only 2 pics today, a three ball teeing off at Deeside golf club (very posh) and my new lovely new bike in front of the river Dee, overlooking Cleopatras needle in Duthie Park.
:hugs:hopefully onwards and upward

Mrs M

Guru
I wish you well @Mrs M . Nice looking bike.
Thank you :okay:

Katherine

Guru
View attachment 484948 View attachment 484947

Well done. Great post. :thumbsup: :hugs:
Thank you all for the good wishes, a cracking wee family we have on CC.
xx
I agree.

Katherine

Guru
I had a lovely pootle along the path on the East Lancs Road between Walkden and Haydock in yesterday's beautiful evening sunshine.
Lots of berries and apples on the trees at the side and newly ploughed or harvested fields looking neat.
I love watching the changes marking the seasons.

IMG_20190913_182950660.jpg

I had fun with my shadow on the way back ^_^

IMG_20190913_185610940.jpg

My right knee started hurting on the way back so I just used my left leg for a while but it's actually quite tiring!
Sadly I've woken up with a sore throat today too, so I won't be joining the club ride up to 'The Rake' to watch The Tour of Britain today :sad:

Top Bottom