Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hedder2212

Ive been struggling to get any miles in lately. Not touched the bike since my last ride last sunday.
Went out on GFs bike for a short 5 mile run to diagnose a problem shes been having only for it to turn into 15 miles when i bumped into a friend.
Going to try and get out on my own bike tommorrow and attempt birmingham and back.

galaxy

Veteran
1st ride for 2 weeks, squeezing to much work in before xmas, delivered a few cards, stopped off at shops for some odds & ends, 15 miles. Jobs done , got the start of a cold, so it nearly killed me.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Out and clipped in before 5.45 am this morning for a nice 27 miles at a relaxed but nice pace on my blue R.E.W Reynolds bike one of my normal loops that took in Orlingbury ,Pytchley , Walgrave ,Holcot , Moulton ,Billing ,Ecton ,Overstone ,Sywell ,Mears Ashby and home again .

Roads were dry hardly any wind so ideal conditions slightly chilly but not bad enough to worry about .

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Oh my word it was windy out there tonight. The BBC said that the wind was dropping a lot at about 9pm. They lied.
https://www.strava.com/activities/449091435/segments/10794427147

I rode off to the hospital, the route that @Jon George suggested, weeks ago, with no tweaks or anything. Very nice it was too, except for the wind. A couple of gusts were really scary but there was no traffic to speak of tonight, so all was well. I am sure it's bloody silly riding in this weather but as there were gusts of 40 mph from time to time and not 60 or anything stupid, the BBC makes stuff up and it's never as bad out as you think it is, I thought I'd give it a whirl.

I had a couple of numpties refuse to dip their Xenon headlights, but that's numpties for you. They probably don't know where the dip switch is, bless 'em. Probably don't know where the indicator stalk is either. One of them definitely didn't know where the radio volume switch was, I heard him coming.
13.03 in 59:31 according to Garmin. Nice. I'm less than 9 miles from my annual target now.:dance:

sanddancer

Oh my word it was windy out there tonight. The BBC said that the wind was dropping a lot at about 9pm. They lied.
https://www.strava.com/activities/449091435/segments/10794427147

I rode off to the hospital, the route that @Jon George suggested, weeks ago, with no tweaks or anything. Very nice it was too, except for the wind. A couple of gusts were really scary but there was no traffic to speak of tonight, so all was well. I am sure it's bloody silly riding in this weather but as there were gusts of 40 mph from time to time and not 60 or anything stupid, the BBC makes stuff up and it's never as bad out as you think it is, I thought I'd give it a whirl.

I had a couple of numpties refuse to dip their Xenon headlights, but that's numpties for you. They probably don't know where the dip switch is, bless 'em. Probably don't know where the indicator stalk is either. One of them definitely didn't know where the radio volume switch was, I heard him coming.
13.03 in 59:31 according to Garmin. Nice. I'm less than 9 miles from my annual target now.:dance:

I had one on my commute the other day.

didn't know where his door mirror was and opened the door on me :biggrin:

The wind along the river is nearly always against me :sad:

during the high winds the other week some headwind gusts almost stopped me in my tracks :biggrin:

and the side wind gusts had me thinking I might be swimming home :biggrin:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
After leaving last months imperial century a little late, I decided this month I would get it in nice and early. Last weekend was a blow out with the gales and yesterday was a wash out. The weather forecast for today was a cold start but dry and little wind with rain due around 11am.

I watched the boxing last night and didn't get to bed until midnight so when the alarm went off at 5am I didn't want to get out of bed, but I did hoping that the weather forecast was wrong and that it would be raining so I would have an excuse not to do the ride, but no, for once the BBC were right, it was dry and calm.

I pondered whether or not to go back to bed and do the ride this Friday as I have the day off work then, but gave myself a slap and got out of the door by 5:40.

The plan was to get a good 70-80 miles in before the rain came. Yeah right, it was raining after the first 10ish miles and it didn't stop for the rest of the ride. My gloves lasted a good 5 hours before they started letting the water in but my hands stayed warm, also I got the clothing right as I stayed warm all the way round but it must have been cold as when I stopped for a comfort break at around 75 miles I took a mars bar from the saddle bag and it was pretty solid, just like it had come out of the fridge.

Part of the route took me to Hallaton, when I got a few miles away from it there was a road closed sign, I decided to carry on with the planned route expecting to either have to turn back or walk through some roadworks, but luckily I managed to get through to Hallaton.

Anyway I did a tad under 102 miles to complete the imperial century a month challenge.

https://www.strava.com/activities/449447890

13 rider

Guru
After leaving last months imperial century a little late, I decided this month I would get it in nice and early. Last weekend was a blow out with the gales and yesterday was a wash out. The weather forecast for today was a cold start but dry and little wind with rain due around 11am.

I watched the boxing last night and didn't get to bed until midnight so when the alarm went off at 5am I didn't want to get out of bed, but I did hoping that the weather forecast was wrong and that it would be raining so I would have an excuse not to do the ride, but no, for once the BBC were right, it was dry and calm.

I pondered whether or not to go back to bed and do the ride this Friday as I have the day off work then, but gave myself a slap and got out of the door by 5:40.

The plan was to get a good 70-80 miles in before the rain came. Yeah right, it was raining after the first 10ish miles and it didn't stop for the rest of the ride. My gloves lasted a good 5 hours before they started letting the water in but my hands stayed warm, also I got the clothing right as I stayed warm all the way round but it must have been cold as when I stopped for a comfort break at around 75 miles I took a mars bar from the saddle bag and it was pretty solid, just like it had come out of the fridge.

Part of the route took me to Hallaton, when I got a few miles away from it there was a road closed sign, I decided to carry on with the planned route expecting to either have to turn back or walk through some roadworks, but luckily I managed to get through to Hallaton.

Anyway I did a tad under 102 miles to complete the imperial century a month challenge.

https://www.strava.com/activities/449447890
Credit for getting out . No ride for me this weekend full of cold not quite man flu but close . Didn't rise till 0900 this morning already drizzling was going to ride but just couldn't force myself .Sat at home feeling bad for not braving it now . Well done on a century ride in that depressing weather

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Credit for getting out . No ride for me this weekend full of cold not quite man flu but close . Didn't rise till 0900 this morning already drizzling was going to ride but just couldn't force myself .Sat at home feeling bad for not braving it now . Well done on a century ride in that depressing weather
I've had my cold for 3 or 4 weeks now, just can't shift it, really didn't want to go out today but knew I would regret it if I didn't.

13 rider

Guru
I've had my cold for 3 or 4 weeks now, just can't shift it, really didn't want to go out today but knew I would regret it if I didn't.
Thankfully I completed the half century challenge last week or I would have forced myself today but didn't have that extra incentive to ride that's the good an bad about the challenges.

Top Bottom