Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
After almost a week of turbo trainer "rides" i was up for today's proper ride! I set off with the intention of doing at least 30 miles. I managed a decent 40! The wind peed me off though as it was against me going but it dropped on the way back so no payback for me. One scary moment was when i carefully mounted a pavement to avoid some long roadworks, then a dog ran out a house at me. I wasn't happy as the owner didn't say sorry or anything so i told him what i though of him.:headshake:I'll be having a rest tomorrow as i want to be fresh for Wednesday's club ride.

Last edited:
Nice tempo commute this morning and first ride on the new Fabric scoop shallow pro saddle,it's really intended for the n1 Helium but thought I'd try and get used to it on the commutes.

Seems good so far although did not quite have it set up right so w few adjustments needed but apart from that pretty good.

Actually felt good today and any short efforts felt pretty comfortable and a 28+kmh average is none too shabby;hopefully will commute again the next couple of days and with luck the week-end will be good for at least one long ride.

https://www.strava.com/activities/500187864

cuberider

Über Member
The sun was shining, the wind was light and the roads were dry so I set off for Parsley Hay after lunch.

21 miles today which is my best so far this year. I can feel some level of fitness returning already :bicycle:

20160223_154333.jpg
20160223_154345.jpg
20160223_154744.jpg
20160223_154943.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

Kineton the destination, 62 miles the journey. A cracking day for a bike ride, a mixture of cloud and sun and reasonably still. I'm starting to feel the benefits of the work I'm doing on the turbo, I'm a lot stronger on the bike, though still slow on the hills, until I hit the lumpy stuff near Kineton I was averaging 14mph, on the way back the legs started to fade around Hunningham and by the time I was crossing Coventry they were fading fast, but I had done a heavy turbo session yesterday as well as the ride today so perhaps that was not unexpected, I ended up with a 13.5mph average for the ride, a definite improvement on the 12.5mph average I was doing just after Xmas. On the way out I cramped spinning down the descent into Lighthorne, the first time that has happened this winter, it took me by surprise because it normally happens when I'm spinning fast down a descent when temperatures are around freezing, unfortunately that meant I had to stop and stretch then tackle the climb out of the village from standstill, not what I wanted whilst on the fixed, but I managed it without having to walk.On the way back I noticed the back of the bike didn't feel right and thought I'd pulled the wheel over in the trackend, but when I'd got home and was checking the bike over it soon become obvious that the rear tire is on its way out, the outer layer on the sidewall has started to pull away from the carcass at one point and theres a kink in the tire at that point, so it looks like I'm in the market for a new tyre. So yes an excellent morning out on the bike, It looks like my pace is coming back, my mojo is still a little weak but I'm looking forward to the coming summer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goonerobes

Its okay to be white
With the winter bike currently unavailable it was a case of trying to stick to clean dry roads for todays sortie around the New Forest on the number one bike which doesn't that much like getting wet & dirty. :whistle:

It was a reasonably nice afternoon weather wise with just a slight chill on the north-westerly breeze & there was a little game of dodge the shower mid-ride as I took in Minstead, Emery Down & Rhinefield (where the pine trees smell amazing all year round) on the out leg & Brockenhurst, Beaulieu & Colbury on the return for a 32 mile round trip.

https://www.strava.com/activities/500422198/overview

IMG_0659.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I heard in the news that there was an explosion at Didcot power station this afternoon, so I cycled up the track to the top of the hill to see if could see anything, not a lot , helicopters flying about and what looks like flames coming from the base of the towers.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Must be the shortest bike ride I've ever done, 1 mile.

Cold commute this morning but light winds and dry.

Took a bit longer route and ended up riding with Ferenc from the club who also regularly commutes in and out of Cambridge;nice tempo(and a bit!)run along the 20 pence road to Cottenham were we bade farewell and he headed on as I turned off to head towards Waterbeach and on in to Cambridge via Newmarket Rd and Airport way.

https://www.strava.com/activities/500994112

Oh and saw a Barn Owl again on the outskirts of Ely and too chilly to stop and take any pics.

87k for the week now so may just do a short 'un from Waterbeach tomorrow just to spin the legs and then hopefully out with the better half on Friday and club run Saturday were I hope to add on the 30k to that to do my 100k for the month.

Oh and saw a Barn Owl again on the outskirts of Ely and too chilly to stop and take any pics.

One of my favourite birds, don't seeround here though

Very cold start here
Wanted to ride, so waited a little while. Decided it would be not long, but hard, keeping my speeed and inner warmth up.
Over Chertsey Bridge and round one of my standard loops near Thorpe

Pushed it and did 17.39 miles @ 18.2 mph
220 feet climbed

I must be having the endorphin rush as I feel great now.

https://www.strava.com/activities/501085644

Extra thick bib tights on so pleased with that speed

Last edited:

Old jon

Guru
Bright and sunny this morning. Time for a ride, mid point already decided as Wetherby. Mornings are slow, takes me some time to get out of the door, so just after ten I managed that exercise, swung the leg over the saddle and pushed off. Into steadily falling snow.

By the time I reached Jack Lane the snow had stopped, a matter of minutes only. Rode the Holbeck non triangle, Great Wilson Street and Crown Point Road, Regent Street and Roseville Road, as I climbed Roundhay Road another snow shower descended, and I changed my intended route to a slightly busier set of roads, reasoning that any ice has less chance of being around on busier roads. Anyway, Oakwood Clock and Boot Hill, turn right at the top, Red Hall, Skeltons and Thorner lanes, up Church Hill on the way to Bramhope, through the oddly named :--

There is a beck to the left of the road, no idea what it is called. On to Bramhope, turn left just before the flyover and north to Wetherby. Turned around and pedalled home the easy ( apart from the toil up Scarcroft hill ) way on the A 58, a grin factor 8 descent of Boot Hill and the bogglingly boring traverse of Leeds to complete 31.5 miles by the time I reached my front door.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Lovely day today, decided to take the MTB for a quick spin I haven't been out on it for ages. Just 9.78 miles but it took some doing it was very muddy and slippery on the tracks.

1-IMG_2887.JPG

This old railway cutting has been cleared of the trees and debris, I'm not sure what the plan is, maybe they'll fill it in.
2-IMG_2888.JPG

It was blumen muddy along this part of The Ridgway.

3-IMG_2892.JPG

Gah!
4-IMG_2893.JPG

Double Gah!
5-IMG_2894.JPG

Where am I?
6-IMG_2896.JPG

It's not getting any better.
7-IMG_2898.JPG

Lovely and peaceful up here.
8-IMG_2901.JPG

Home, better get the hose pipe out.

Untitled.jpg

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Another my ride yesterday - longest of the year so far and on my hybrid - normally do this on the Ti road bike so in many ways it was a tad harder. Anyway 105Km Blaby - Ashby Parva - Glmorton - Walcote - South Kilworth - Stanford - on Avon - Cold Ashby - Thornby - Naseby - Cottesbroke - Hasslebech - Clipston - Marston Trussel - Mowsley - Gumley - Saddington - Fleckney - Arnesby - Willoughby Waterlys - Countesthorpe. Lovely weather a bit chilly but not too bad (well the sun was out mostly).

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Nice ride out with the girls this morning, Then back to the cafe for a coffee and a bite to eat, Then an afternoon ride with a mate ending in the pub for a well deserved pint or three, We were later joined by my better half for a nice meal, Then put the bike in the back of the wife's motor for an easy ride home. I love being me.:laugh:
https://www.strava.com/activities/501406288

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member

There is a beck to the left of the road, no idea what it is called.

Funny isn't it - I've always known that bit of road as Wothersome Dip! You can get a good turn of speed up through there, but the climb back out is hard work, whichever direction you're going in.

The beck is Bramham Beck - you'll have passed it in Thorner, by the Beehive and through the ford where it's called Mill Beck. It winds off through the countryside changing its name to Thorner Beck, then through Wothersome / Norwood into Bramham where then becomes Carr Beck before skirting Clifford and eventually flowing into the River Wharfe just east of Boston Spa as Firgreen Beck.

Top Bottom