Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LincsBlue

40 mile ride in the Vale of Belvoir today for me, 2 hours 40 minutes on my Trail 4 with an average speed just under 15 mph, not bad considering I've only been back on the saddle for a couple of months but def need to invest in a road bike. I do seem to have the knack of getting in the middle of road races though ^_^

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Two rides today.

1) Sunday morning pootle with our lass, only 20 miles instead of our usual 30, was a bit cooler this morning but soon warmed up.

2) Short ride to Sainsburys to get some stuff for tea, despite pootling and having a rucksack full of food on one of them got two top ten places on Strava. :laugh:

(Granted not many people had ridden them :whistle:)

Dark46

Veteran
Week 37 and my 16th ride with KCC this year. Yes theres a few missing but its under control I think lol.

Today I opted for the inter ride as I used last weeks beginners to get warmed up after a little break. It
was the right thing to do.

Arriving at the meeting place I wad greeted my Lisa holding a tray with flapjacks wrapped in foil.
Very nice they were too.

As @ Donger said the inter group split straight away for the best.

I got told off by @Largie003 for taking to a cycle path as we were leaving the estate do I could takr a scalp lol. But because I was on the path I approached tge lights different and stay on the cycled path. @Donger and @Largie003 stuck to the road. It looked chaos as we crossed the front of the fast group.

The ride took us past Gloucester Quays and out to Over and on to Newent. @Largie003 doesn't really like main roads and in some ways I agree as it doesn't make for chatter on a social ride.

At Newent we turned right at the lights and headed towards Dymock where after a couple of miles @Largie003 left us as he was on a time restriction.

The three of us left went on to the roundabout at the A449 where we turned left towards Ross on Wye, but we were only heading for Much Marcle and Westons Cider press.

After a swift pint of Stowford Press Cheers @Donger! We headed towards the Forest of Dean and homeward bound.

It was good to be riding on roads that I have not ridden on before but had driven on alot.

We crossed the M50 and headed towards Newent on the A40. Its a up and down road but nothing too
Taxing.

We turned right at the lights at Newent into the village centre where we got slightly mxed up in a triathlon or a TT. Lol the people who were on the event only had numbers on ther backs , so when we turned in the middle of the village we were applauded lol.
I made sure I put a turn of speed on not to disappoint the marshals.

From here we went through Taynton and Tibberton to get back on the A40 just before Higham and back into Gloucester.

For me the ride was 46.6miles and very enjoyable too. It was a good mix of main roads on the way out and lanes in the way back

Attachments

• IMG_20160918_110629.jpg
    IMG_20160918_110629.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20160918_110541.jpg
    IMG_20160918_110541.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20160918_110608.jpg
    IMG_20160918_110608.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20160918_110650.jpg
    IMG_20160918_110650.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20160918_110928.jpg
    IMG_20160918_110928.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20160918_110541.jpg
    IMG_20160918_110541.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 43
Quick blast this afternoon once the weather warmed up a bit;was going with the better half but she has a stiff neck so passed on the ride.

Problems again with the HRM,only worked properly when it was turned around,with the front on my skin:blink:;new battery didn't help so I think it may be time for a new one.

Apart from that a nice roll out and a good average so at least I can justify the carbon wheels and the FMB tubs have been faultless so far;probably won't get much more use out of them this year now so will make the most of any opportunity to do so.

46kms at 32.5 kph average;

https://www.strava.com/activities/716730915

And a 4k warm down at a bit slower pace;

https://www.strava.com/activities/716730869

290kms for the week and now over 8,800 for the year and over 200 ahead of the 12,000 pace so all going good;just hope the weather holds out until the new year.

https://www.strava.com/activities/7...-444C-96F0-2BCAE31A9E23?hl=en-GB&v=1474220119

A 103 mile trip out to Basinggrad and back today. A Skyride (anti) Social.
IMG_3266.JPG

Basinggrad ( it's not that bad TBF)

IMG_3267.JPG

These are cages, in which you can lock your bike. A bloody great It's good to see they take security of your seriously.

IMG_3268.JPG

A little pub in Easton ( near Winchester ).

IMG_3273.JPG

Proper chocolate box stuff.

IMG_3270.JPG

Lovely .

103 miles. I went off far too quickly, forgetting about the amount of climbing on this route. I paid for that:eek:. It's going to hurt tomorrow. All in all a nice ride though:thumbsup:.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Yesterdays ride: As @gavgav has already reported, Doug and I went over to join him for a weekend at the coast and part of the plan was a ride into the hills.

Setting out we had a mile or so on lanes to warm up before tackling the main coast road into Barmouth. As mentioned, there was just the one periwinkle who couldn't judge that the width of the road wasn't enough for us, him and the car coming the other way.:rolleyes:

We took the opportunity to head away from this road as soon as possible and down the cycle route to the shore where it had warmed up enough to shed a layer before riding the promenade through town and up to the well known Barmouth Bridge. This was a small thrill for me as I've been visiting the area on and off since I was quite small but I've never been across this local landmark. You can't go fast as the cycle path is made up of planks that are not quite all the same size and make for a rather rattly ride.

Once across we were onto the Mawddach Trail, following the old ralway line to Dolgellau on a fairly smooth gravel surface with fabulous scenery to look at most of the way. At Dolgellau we had a pause for lunch before passing through the town and starting our climb up into the hills. We'd passed quite a few riders with event numbers on while on the Mawddach Trail and on our climb we passed some of them again as they flew by down the hill.

I'd worried about how Doug would cope with a big climb as he hasn't done that many miles this year but he coped fine, dropping the bike into its very low granny gear and winding his way up. Later on he said he'd enjoyed it and even felt slightly disappointed that the climb wasn't bigger.:eek:

We all felt that it had been well worth it for the views we'd been aiming for of Llynnau Cregennen (Cregennen Lakes) which was a fabulous spot, especially in the sunshine. We didn't move on for a little while but when we did another great view was just round the corner as we looked back down on the estuary and Barmouth in the distance.

There followed a very rapid descent as we lost all the height we'd gained on a narrow gated lane that twists its way down to Arthog. Great fun. Make sure your brakes work before setting off on this one.;)

After passing through Arthog we rejoined the Mawddach Trail and recrossed the bridge to Barmouth. There were some tired legs in the party by now and some pushing was done up the very steep path from the prom to the main road. A rider on a road bike stormed past us just here but only got another 10 yards before dismounting and saying "I'm going to join you".:laugh:

A great ride covering 33 miles at 9.8mph average by my speedometer. Respectable for our little group.

Gav may have talked up my photography a bit. I did however get lots of shots and here are a few to give a taste of the trip:

DSC0003885.jpg

Riding the promenade which handily is a shared use path.

DSC0003886.jpg

Heading down towards the bridge.

DSC0003889.jpg

DSC0003891.jpg

A couple of shots on the Mawddach Trail.

DSC0003898.jpg

Dolgellau

DSC0003907.jpg

Drink stop on our way up into the hills.

DSC0003902.jpg

Climbing again but Gav still manages a grin for the camera.:okay:

DSC0003911.jpg

What we came up for. Cregennen Lakes (which look better in real life than my snapshots can convey) .........

DSC0003915.jpg

........and just round the corner, the view back down to Barmouth.

DSC0003922.jpg

After a manic descent we recross Barmouth Bridge and head back for a well earned pint.:cheers:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Yesterdays ride: As @gavgav has already reported, Doug and I went over to join him for a weekend at the coast and part of the plan was a ride into the hills.

Setting out we had a mile or so on lanes to warm up before tackling the main coast road into Barmouth. As mentioned, there was just the one periwinkle who couldn't judge that the width of the road wasn't enough for us, him and the car coming the other way.:rolleyes:

We took the opportunity to head away from this road as soon as possible and down the cycle route to the shore where it had warmed up enough to shed a layer before riding the promenade through town and up to the well known Barmouth Bridge. This was a small thrill for me as I've been visiting the area on and off since I was quite small but I've never been across this local landmark. You can't go fast as the cycle path is made up of planks that are not quite all the same size and make for a rather rattly ride.

Once across we were onto the Mawddach Trail, following the old ralway line to Dolgellau on a fairly smooth gravel surface with fabulous scenery to look at most of the way. At Dolgellau we had a pause for lunch before passing through the town and starting our climb up into the hills. We'd passed quite a few riders with event numbers on while on the Mawddach Trail and on our climb we passed some of them again as they flew by down the hill.

I'd worried about how Doug would cope with a big climb as he hasn't done that many miles this year but he coped fine, dropping the bike into its very low granny gear and winding his way up. Later on he said he'd enjoyed it and even felt slightly disappointed that the climb wasn't bigger.:eek:

We all felt that it had been well worth it for the views we'd been aiming for of Llynnau Cregennen (Cregennen Lakes) which was a fabulous spot, especially in the sunshine. We didn't move on for a little while but when we did another great view was just round the corner as we looked back down on the estuary and Barmouth in the distance.

There followed a very rapid descent as we lost all the height we'd gained on a narrow gated lane that twists its way down to Arthog. Great fun. Make sure your brakes work before setting off on ths one.;)

After passing through Arthog we rejoined the Mawddach Trail and recrossed the bridge to Barmouth. There were some tired legs in the party by now and some pushing was done up the very steep path from the prom to the main road. A rider on a road bike stormed past us just here but only got another 10 yards before dismounting and saying "I'm going to join you".:laugh:

A great ride covering 33 miles at 10.8mph average by my speedometer. Respectable for our little group.

Gav may have talked up my photography a bit. I did however get lots of shots and here are a few to give a taste of the trip:

View attachment 144450
Riding the promenade which handily is a shared use path.

View attachment 144451
Heading down towards the bridge.

View attachment 144452

View attachment 144453
A couple of shots on the Mawddach Trail.

View attachment 144454
Dolgellau

View attachment 144456
Drink stop on our way up into the hills.

View attachment 144460
Climbing again but Gav still manages a grin for the camera.:okay:

View attachment 144457

What we came up for. Cregennen Lakes (which look better in real life than my snapshots can convey) .........

View attachment 144458
........and just round the corner, the view back down to Barmouth.

View attachment 144459
After a manic descent we recross Barmouth Bridge and head back for a well earned pint.:cheers:

That's my part of the world. I want to do the trail from barmouth to dolegllau. At one time, the council were talking of shutting the bridge crossing as the cost of up keep was too much.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
That's my part of the world. I want to do the trail from barmouth to dolegllau. At one time, the council were talking of shutting the bridge crossing as the cost of up keep was too much.
You'll like the trail. 8 or 9 miles with a decent gravel surface and not getting bothered by traffic.:okay: I believe the cycle/pedestrian access to the bridge is safe for now and hope it stays that way. There were plenty of people using it when we were there.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Sunday morning ride with a couple of mates.
40 miles around the Herts/Beds/Bucks borders and being in the Chilterns a few hills thrown in for good measure. A harder ride than last week, the pace was quite fast from the off & the air was a little colder which affected my breathing on the hills which were fairly frequent.
All good fun though and being a short morning ride I was home in time for my wife's Sunday lunch.

View attachment 144399

View attachment 144396

View attachment 144397

View attachment 144398

If I follow the map right, it looks like you resisted stopping at a pub in Aldbury.

1st commute on the re-built Trek this morning.

All loaded up with a weeks worth of clothes and other stuff and was ready to go when I realised it had no bottle cage.Doh!:banghead:,so quickly nabbed the one off the Graham Weigh as it was nearest and off we went.

Bit later leaving so the A10 was a bit busier and also being Monday as well;rolled along nicely and the 105 lever/deore shifting was really smooth,kept to the big ring all the way and only stopped at Chittering as JP from the club who also commutes regularly was stopped fixing a puncture.Asked if he was ok but he was just about done so didn't need any help so went on my way in to Cambridge via Waterbeach.

Through the city to the little 'trose and it was nice to be able to put the weekly provisions in the panniers;then it was a easy roll to work.

Happy with the build and it'll get used quite a bit I think for the loaded Monday runs;only real niggle is the front lever/caliper combo isn't quite as good as it could be so might source another long-drop caliper and will have to find out the pull ratio of the 105 levers.

Oh and a better saddle.

https://www.strava.com/activities/717468453

At journey's end;

IMG_20160919_084214459.jpg

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
We are getting my daughter (nearly 6) more confident on her bike. She has sat on a tagalong for some time but needs her confidence boosting on her own bike. So, walking/riding from home to our closest quiet lane (closed to motor vehicles) we did 2.5 miles to the next village for her to drop off a party invitation to her friend, and enjoy a quick drink in the pub, before riding back.

She needed some persuasion on the way there (chocolate bar in the pub!) but really motored home afterwards. Every time she goes out we see an improvement.

IMG_20160918_152911992.jpg

Top Bottom