Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
[QUOTE 4634539, member: 9609"]A wild day to be out in the hills.

Headed about 12 miles up the Ettrick in big big winds, rarely out of my lowest gear and occasionally standing on the pedals to keep going on the flat, but the sun was shinning and the views made it worth while

View attachment 157242

Lower Yarrow from Witchie Knowe road
View attachment 157243

View attachment 157244

The perfect home for me
View attachment 157245

And then the weather started to change
View attachment 157246

When I left the Ettrick and started to climb the Tushielaw to get back over to the Yarrow the snow started to come down, quite heavy for a while but it never lay. The wind was all over the place, sometimes behind, sometimes it would vanish only to suddenly return head on with a vengeance, at least half a dozen times I was brought to a stop, this is a tough ascent at the best of times, today it was a real test piece of endurance.

View attachment 157247

By the time I got over the top the sun was going down and it was cold, I think I had over done it, may be sweated a bit much and I was now starting to feel the cold. What should have been a wonderful 15 mile wind assisted high speed blast down the Yarrow was not much fun, my face was freezing and my hands just got colder and colder, I should have maybe stopped with about 5 mile to go and tried to get some warmth in my hands as they were starting to feel a little wooden, but I persisted on, by the time I got into my van my hands were virtually useless, couldn't feel the buckle to unclip my helmet, had to just sit there for about 10 minutes with my hands tucked under my armpits before I had enough movement and feeling in them to get my lid off and start driving.

A great afternoon all the same

View attachment 157248 [/QUOTE]

Looks like a great ride, perhaps in fairer weather....

You've been off the bike for quite a while with the shoulder injury, and to have virus on top of that can't be fun. Perhaps a slow and steady approach to getting back on the bike, especially at this time of year...
Slow and steady .. ,might win the tortoise some races, but not my style

I did a spin class today - there was a bit too much standing up on the pedals, but go through it OK.

I find most benefit from high instensity intervals and similar.
Problem is I don't know where I am fitness wise so keep doing harder than I can manage for tehe length of time I wanted to go for
However at least for the present I am on an endorphin high, post spin class

Diggs

Veteran
OK so three miles is probably hardly a ride at all but dinner had to be cooked and the Diglets needed a change of clothing post snowman building. Then my chance to go out and play, just blasting around the local neighbourhood. Less miles but more smiles and ideal conditions for the 27.5+ tyres

tmp_6431-IMG_20170112_202048_2432133663320.jpg

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Thanks,and to all who posted birthday wishes.

No cake,but a nice bottle of red with some snacks and a catch up of the American football highlights on the Beeb(didn't enjoy the end to the Raiders season though-GWS Derrick Carr).
You know, the Raiders are planning a move to Las Vegas, and the Chargers are planning to go to L.A..

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
By the time I had dressed myself to face the snow, it had stopped. :rolleyes: Went out anyway on Patsy #3 The Hybrid (with ice tyres) for an 11 mile pootle to Levington and back. The headwind on the return leg was horrendous. How you folk in the more exposed parts of the country/world cope, I dread to think.

As to be expected, by the time I got to Levington - overdressed and a little hot - the sun was out.

2.JPG

Kudos to you for going out. :notworthy: It's horrendous here, blowing a right old hooley. The joy of living out in the fens I suppose...

Planned ride went straight out of the window. :surrender: It's hard to stand upright, let alone try to ride a bike. Ah well, will get my daily exercise by sawing and splitting logs for the solid fuel heating instead. :smile: Can hear the wind whistling down the chimney as I type. :blink:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Looked out the window this morning, saw horizontal trees and decided that I'd do my errands instead of going for a ride today. All went well, until I finished said errands at 1:30 and got bored. How windy could it really be....
On with windproof bibs, windproof gilet and off I went. Not sure what all the fuss was about, I went straight off at 18 mph with next to no effort^_^ That lasted less than a mile, and then I discovered what the fuss was about. Blowing a hoolie it was. Still, head down and pressed on. Never really got cold, despite Garmin showing 3.4 degrees, though I was grateful for the windproofs.
23 miles on the dot, and a couple of well deserved slices of Soreen on my return home.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Hadn't heard about that;Las Vegas Raiders?,doesn't quite ring the same although no different from when they were in LA I suppose.

Had a quick Google of it and seems like Davis has made his mind up about moving, also seems that the fans are prepared to travel.
In other news, a local radio show was claiming the Buschs' were talking with the owner of the New York Jets about buying the team and moving it to St. Louis, which opens up an NFL expansion scenario in which Mexico City, New York, and ,yes, London, would get a team. Then I guess it becomes the IFL, or International Football League.

Top Bottom