Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Nope it’s where I live
And couldn’t give a toss about a metric century
I live in Britain so use miles 😂

Is there any sign of the opening of the new more cycle friendly lift at the ped tunnel?

The existing one is a bit of a squeeze with my lumpy ebike, particularly if I'm with a chum.

That, and I do fancy a go on the new one, which for the benefit of out of area readers is a funicular-style glass box.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I rode the Harford loop today. Plenty of hills to contend with, and as I’ve not been out for a week or so it felt a touch lumpy!

25 miles.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Sunday club ride
not feeling it today after being on night shift this week so i was struggling for the last 10 miles .
Went to the Bosworth battlefield visistor centre as it was open this week for the 1st time since lockdown .

Attachments

• IMG_20200913_104846241_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200913_104846241_HDR.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 4
  • TrqHxt1mypIRbXGoGRx45knsP7mtVpLvPhqYAhEEvis-2048x1536.jpg
    TrqHxt1mypIRbXGoGRx45knsP7mtVpLvPhqYAhEEvis-2048x1536.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 4

Mike_P

Guru
What is it with the wind this year - stronger today than yesterday so if the ebike could talk;
EB - Off to Sainsburys again?
Me - No
EB - Oh!.....Not been along here before... Ah! Morrisons then?
Me - No
EB - Oh!....Must be Lidl then
Me - Yes
EB - Through Calcutt and along Abbey Road I presume
Me - Yes and No, not Abbey Road, up Briggate
EB - Gulp
Me - I did charge your battery up
EB - Even so:sad:

So largely a repeat of yesterdays ride as far as the showground with a second clipped off yesterdays ebike KOM on "Worlds Full Climb", albeit still 38 seconds slower than a bike powered by Tom Pidcock.
Turned north at the showground and then north east to Calcutt , down Blands Hill over the Nidd on Low Bridge and up Briggate. Resorted to Shanks's Pony pass some TTLs close to Lidl
On the return avoided them before heading across the Nidd again, this time on High Bridge and up the hill on the A59. Turned off to join the rural part of Bilton Lane.
As I hit suburbia I turned off as the headwind was definitely worse than yesterday to take an indirect route with some shelter. Resulted in my usual errors of missing a right turn with subsequent U turn and trying to turn right onto a busy A road for a left off it when turning left and right off would have been simpler. 15.83 miles with 1340ft up.
Combined ebike outings since Monday;
1600001274028.png

Mark pallister

Is there any sign of the opening of the new more cycle friendly lift at the ped tunnel?

The existing one is a bit of a squeeze with my lumpy ebike, particularly if I'm with a chum.

That, and I do fancy a go on the new one, which for the benefit of out of area readers is a funicular-style glass box.
Didn’t know they were fitting a new lift ?
the escalators are still not repaired I’ve always just used them with the bike

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Another great club social ride today. 42.2 miles for me, out to Berkeley then across to the Cotswold escarpment for the only climb through Stinchcombe to the "Leaf and Ground" cafe at Dursley. This was a new cafe for us to try out, and we were all quite impressed. Not many outdoor seats available, but a big long Cotswold stone wall made for adequate seating.

Sadly one of our number had to abandon on arrival at the cafe due to somehow wedging his chain between the small chainring and the frame, mangling his chain in the process. We left him at the cafe with lovely sunshine and far reaching views to the River Severn. There are worse places to break down and wait while your wife comes to fetch you in the recovery vehicle.

We really enjoyed a new and very rural descent past Cam that avoided Cam Pitch and gave more views of the Severn, before speeding home via Frocester and Whitminster. Great company, great scenery, quiet lanes. It's what it's all about for me. Loved it.

Cheers, Donger.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Didn’t know they were fitting a new lift ?
the escalators are still not repaired I’ve always just used them with the bike

Last time I was there you could see the glass box at the top of the escalators on the south side.

It had bits of construction type stuff inside it.

It's years behind schedule - like everything with that tunnel renovation.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Very windy but decided to go for it. Forecast was better for Bowland than the Dales so headed south east. Did 52 miles with 1400m of climbing. Steady climb over the trough of Bowland then down to Dunsop Bridge, was going to stop but the cafe was reduced to just a take away cabin with big queue. Carried on to Newton, then SW over Newton fell which was bigger, steeper (24% in places) and windier than anticipated. Just made it without stopping! Then down to Chipping to find my usual cafe closed and for sale, fortunately the country store has a good selection and serves coffee. Nearly didn’t get in as I got stuck in a procession of 30 tractors, seems it was a YFC, not a demonstration. Staggered back home shattered but happy.

Last edited:

13 rider

Guru
Today's was another informal Cc ride to destination Nice Pie . Planned route was 30 miles as I wanted to complete a metric century I was out the door early for some extra miles . Did my normal route out to St Bernards Abbey but coming down Swanimote rd I went left at the crossroads on to Warren lane which I had never riden before and it was lovely a nice quite gem . Rejoined my normal route at Belton heading back down Charley rd was my first feel of the wind stronger than I thought . Got to the meeting point at Quorn just on time I could see @Supersuperleeds talking to @tallliman who wasn't in cycling gear . A quick chat and he confirmed he wasn't feeling great so wouldn't be joining us but had come to see us off . We were soon joined by @Noodle Legs so after a quick catch up the 3 of us set off . Off through Barrow ,Prestwold ,Wymeswold chatting away and we worked out the last time the 3 of us rode together was coming back from the UCI world champs in Harrogate a year ago . Up the climb of Narrow lane and onto Nice pie . Coffee and sausage or bacon sandwichs were consumed as we're leaving bumped into a mate just heading into the cafe so another quick catch up and were on are way to face the headwind home . Up the Wreake valley where we did a couple of deadend roads so @Noodle Legs could grab a couple of velo viewer squares as he's a bit behind the rest of us . Into Rothley at the crossroads we all headed different ways . All 3 of us completed a metric century 75 miles for @Supersuperleeds ,68 for me and 65 for @noodlelegs and great ride in great company . We will try again next month to get the four of us together

Top Bottom