Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How do you attach Strava rides to a post?

footloose crow

Über Member
So over the last 3 weeks life has dealt me a pretty s*"%%y hand so I've had no time to ride and no motivation to ride . This weekend offered a bit of respite so had the time but still lacking motivation . After a visit to the shops and a chat with big sis I was told to get out on my bike . So after much faffing I found myself pushing my bike out of the door . The first 2 miles were awful just not feeling it got up the climb of Sharply hill and the legs began to work and I just clicked into cycling mode and I started to enjoy being out .Did a standard 50km loop out to St Bernards Abbey so all the climbing in the first 12 miles Had to stop just after Shepshed to remove my leg warmers as the sunshine warmed me up ,Then looped back to Quorn via the fast descent of Beacon hill ,Into Mountsorrel and changed my route home and took on the climb up Bond lane because I could . Back home with 31.6 miles done with 1886ft of upness at 16.4mph . So glad I got badgered into going out the cycling therapy worked and I felt much better on getting home but after 12 days off the bike my legs felt it as I did push on .Celebrating with a cup of coffee and a bit of Charlie the caterpillar cake (co op) which bares no likeness to Colin (m+s) or Cuthbert (Aldi)
I recognise those emotions @13rider. I think we have all been there and sometimes you have to make yourself go out. Always feel better later.

Mike_P

Guru
Bib shorts temperature this afternoon even if clouds did often cut the sun off while the wind was light. Same initial route as last Saturday but continued on the A61 to Ripon; the roads twisting approach to England's fifth smallest city today did live up to its name of Daffodil Bends

Left westbound on the route of NCN688 to the 3rd letter AZ of Studley Roger

Uphill westwards through Studley Royal Deer Park, although the deer as usual were hiding. Turned north leaving the NCN route which revealed a view of St Marys Church and the adjacent obelisk; the latter was built as a visual termination of the long drive through the Deer Park only to be superseded by the church after around 70 years.

West briefly on the B6265 and then lanes of varying width with a PR on the climb through Low Grantley, 16.2% close to the foot which acts as a dramatic speed brake and a 14% max later.

North west in a zig zag fashion to Laverton

North to Kirkby Malzeard and south east back to Ripon rejoining the route of NCN688 but this time south through Littlethorpe to Bishop Monkton, and thence the route I was going to take last Saturday via Knaresborough. 44.89 miles, 2566ft climbed 13.3mph avg

davelincs

How do you attach Strava rides to a post?

when you click on your ride in strava, a box with an arrow point upwards, click on that, it gives you options, on an iPad I click on more, save image, and it ends up in the photos,
attach files at the bottom of this box, search for photo of ride and add

sorry About the basic advice but I have very little idea of ipads, computers

Old jon

Guru
A bit grey, weather wise this morning. Maybe I left my bed a bit early, very keen to ride today. So me and Bob Jackson rode away.

Very little traffic about so I rode the shorter way to the Armouries at Crown Point, and then it’s the riverside path going downstream. In the cold, by ‘eck it were cold! And there were lots of folk about, jogging or pedalling, most of them, but a few just out for the freezing fun of it. I suppose. Leave the towpath at Woodlesford Lock, and after a left turn onto the A642 cross the canal and river on the way to Swillington.

Garforth is next, ride around the northern side, it is a more or less direct route to the gates of Lotherton Hall. And ride straight on at those gates, I am to the east of Leeds but will soon be taking me and my bike into North Yorkshire. Along this road there are three or four right turns that lead to Saxton, but I am riding to Towton this morning. Towton was the site of an under reported battle between the Houses of York and Lancaster, in 1461. The Yorkists won.

Continue north for a while, until the left turn to Stutton, a quiet little village. At one time it had a railway station, I wonder why. The road starts climbing a bit here, to cross above the A64 on the way to Toulston. A left turn is the road to Bramham, passing the Toulston Polo Club on the way. Found that on the map, I did. And once past Bramham, which route to take? Chose the easy one, straight to Thorner, out on Carr Lane, through Shadwell to Slaid Hill and the wander along Street Lane and on to Oakwood.

The usual descent to Leeds centre, cross my outward route shortly after crossing the river. And almost straight home. But almost at the end of the street I live on, 39.5 miles! So I rode around a biggish block, just once, to add 0.7 of a mile to the ride total, for the first forty mile ride this year, which included 1978 feet of uphill and a smile.

Doodles, maybe there is a better word,

18042021.jpg

1804elev.jpg

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
A great club ride today. Numbers were such that we had to split into two groups, so after the first mile we never saw the faster group again. The rest of us rode out across the Severn at Gloucester and down along the West bank, taking in lesser ridden lanes through Minsterworth, Bollow, Rodley, Northwood Green, Flaxley and Blaisdon before stopping for coffees at a garden centre in Birdwood and then returning via Tibberton and Rudford. A great little group of five of us this week. Lots of chatting, lots of laughing and just the odd little 12% climb but mostly gently undulating terrain. Glorious sunshine and lots of other cyclists out. One of those days when you feel sorry for anyone who doesn't cycle. 43 miles.
Cheers, Donger.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I rode my ride today on Friday, the Combwich Century (100 miles). Today is the event proper. 27 entered, 3 DNSed, so, excluding me there are 22 on the road somewhere. The finish control is officially open, but the penultimate one, the Anchor Inn, only closes at 1630, so plenty of time. It's hilly as well.
IMG_20210416_151315711_HDR.jpg

geocycle

Legendary Member
Headed into Bowland today, a bit overcast but much warmer than last week. No snow! Over the trough to Dunsop Bridge then followed the Hodder. Over the hill by the wild boar park to Chipping. Chipping is one of those places that all rides gravitate toward. It was heaving with cyclists. The country store looked to be too busy so went and used the cafe at the old post office. Not fully open but take away lunch which I ate outside accompanied by too persistent hens! Back home by Bleasdale And Harris End. Lots of birds including lapwing displays and curlew as well as two hares. We seem to have more hares than rabbits. 46 miles with 1100m of up. Pictures are of Parlick looking across the gliding club and the Hodder.

13 rider

Guru
Awoke this morning with a bit of enthusiasm so was out the door at 0830 no real plan but set of a 100km loop to see if I could get round but had loads of bail outs if required . Started on the same route as yesterday through Newtown up Sharply hill then out to Oaks in Charnwood for another climb but that was the big climbs done . To Belton where I turned off yesterday's route heading for Diesworth another rider caught me up here and we rode a couple of miles chatting away before he turned to home . Across the A6 to Sutton Bonnington where just before a climb I was past by a 2 riders both on merida reactos 1 in Bahrain merida colours so I stalked them to the bottom of Marle pit hill where I attacked and dropped them both :laugh:. They took their revenge by catching me and sitting on my wheel . They eventually came through and another few miles chatting away as we took turns . They finally turned off so on to Gotham ,East Leake ,Wysall ,Willoughby where I stopped to remove my leg warmers and swap by gloves for mitts as it was warming up :sun:. Turned into Nice Pie cafe which was open for its first weekend and it was extremely busy so I decided to push on Down Saxelby hill and along the Wreake valley to Cossington . Slightly short of distance so an extended route home via Sileby ,Mountsorrel ,Rothley and Cropston. Just enough miles at 62.44 in 8 seconds over 4 hours just 2290ft of upness . It took me 52 miles to rack up the elevation of yesterday's metric half century . This is about as flat asI can make a ride round here . After a fortnight of the bike I thought my legs would be ok but God do they ache now

Last edited:

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Finally we have some nice spring weather, there's actually some warmth to the air and it's lovely. I started off on my usual round over the country lanes and over the glider school before diving off into the forest.

As I rode North, I swung round past the old munitions bunkers that are hidden in this patch of forest, the track is rough and fun as it rises and dips between the stands of pine.

After the bunkers, I swing back North and ride over rough tracks and gravel fire roads. Riding through the forest is generally quite safe, well away from manic car drivers, however, today was a salutary lesson in how there are still dangers, as a herd of red deer suddenly run across the track metres in front of me. A truly wonderful sight, though my mind fills with the consequences if they had off hit me. Further along, the track turns to sand and we spin away in a low gear, bouncing and sliding all over the place.

Then at Wildech, I turn East for Reberllah and hit the most amazing gravel roads, it's here that my bike comes into its own as the speed rises and we fly along under the canopy. At Reberllah, I swing back south, the track a little rougher brings the speed down a bit. The forest opens out here and fields sit between the patches of trees, farmers busy ploughing.

Then it's back onto the lanes and back home, 35km in the spring sunshine.

After lunch, it was back out, this time with my son. Riding the forest to the West, shadowing the river, hunting out quite trails, zig-zagging this way and that.

A lovely afternoon in which we covered over 16 km in the spring sunshine, riding with no real direction or purpose, other than enjoying the spring sunshine and being together on the bikes.

Top Bottom