100 mile fixed gear ride - Spring 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Hey Steve, hope the recovery goes well. I think putting it back would be best given you predicament.

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Hey Steve, how the recovery goes well. I think putting it back would be best given you predicament.
THIS^^^

Don't endanger your recovery for us. In fact I haven't even started to prepare a fixed bike for this ride so any postponement won't be a problem for me (I was planning on bodging something up the night before then turning up and riding fixed for the first time on the day ^_^)

This is very embarrassing for me but [@4F, @jazzkat, @colly. @dave r, @fossyant, @Norry1, @Vikeonabike, @rb58, @robgul and any others still onboard] I seem to be making a miraculous recovery, even the Physios are baffled. I had surgery on the 8th April and the surgeon had to go in twice to take bone off my collar bone as well as shoulder. I will come clean and admit to riding my bike on day 5 after the op instead of the 3 to 4 weeks I was told it would take. On day 9 I did a comfortable geared 40 miler and felt great. There are still lots of things I cannot do in terms of full arm articulation but I'm working really hard on it and each day it gets better, just a bit weird being told by the health professionals to go easy when they are usually saying the opposite.
The upshot of all this is that I could still do the original date but will happily supply another later date if that suits others. If this is the case I will come up with another date over Easter.
Thanks for your patience, I am really looking forward to doing this now as I seem to have been given yet another lease of life.

D

Deleted member 1258

This is very embarrassing for me but [@4F, @jazzkat, @colly. @dave r, @fossyant, @Norry1, @Vikeonabike, @rb58, @robgul and any others still onboard] I seem to be making a miraculous recovery, even the Physios are baffled. I had surgery on the 8th April and the surgeon had to go in twice to take bone off my collar bone as well as shoulder. I will come clean and admit to riding my bike on day 5 after the op instead of the 3 to 4 weeks I was told it would take. On day 9 I did a comfortable geared 40 miler and felt great. There are still lots of things I cannot do in terms of full arm articulation but I'm working really hard on it and each day it gets better, just a bit weird being told by the health professionals to go easy when they are usually saying the opposite.
The upshot of all this is that I could still do the original date but will happily supply another later date if that suits others. If this is the case I will come up with another date over Easter.
Thanks for your patience, I am really looking forward to doing this now as I seem to have been given yet another lease of life.

Nice to hear of a quick recovery, what was the original date again?

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Great to hear that your recovery has been ..... speedy. Brilliant.

I had a big off last weekend and it may be a week or so more before I'm back on the bike, so 11th May could be a bit tight for me. See what others think. I'm still really up for the ride - although I haven't ridden my fixed for ages

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
Good to hear that everything is going well. In my experience the health professionals always err on the side of caution, just listen to your body, it will tell you when you're over doing it!
I'm still ok with the original date.

colly

Re member eR
11th of May. OK well I read that last night and suddenly...................the old desire to get off my arse came back with a vengeance.
We all have spells where for one reason or another getting on the bike seems to be less attractive than looking at it or pretending it doesn't exist.
So come the 11th of May I will be along barring any unforseen mega-disasters.

I've even planned out my rides for the next three weeks to bring me up to speed, so to speak.

^_^:thumbsup:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Hi Steve I am still ok with the original date. All I would say is don't overdo it too soon and listen to your body, if we need to put it back no problem.

Hi Steve I am still ok with the original date. All I would say is don't overdo it too soon and listen to your body, if we need to put it back no problem.
Yesterday I rode my fixed for the first time, only 22 miles and at an average of 15.2 mph, I think not too bad given the strength of the wind. I am getting better every day so [sorry @colly] I would like to go with the original date, 11th May, if I can get fit for then I'm sure everyone can. Look at it this way, the first ever CC fixed gear century. Epic!

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
Yesterday I rode my fixed for the first time, only 22 miles and at an average of 15.2 mph, I think not too bad given the strength of the wind. I am getting better every day so [sorry @colly] I would like to go with the original date, 11th May, if I can get fit for then I'm sure everyone can. Look at it this way, the first ever CC fixed gear century. Epic!
Good news, on lots of levels!
:thumbsup:
Sounds like you'll be back to form in no time.

Top Bottom