100 mile fixed gear ride - Spring 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That gives me a chance to get the legs better sorted, I'm very slow at the moment, I've done no training this winter, unfortunately I've been too busy, work before Xmas, no point trying to train when your knackered after a busy day, since Xmas I've been decorating the back bedroom, doing it in the evening after work.
Pah! you will be fine Dave, we have done a few rides together so I know your capabilities, the little diesel :smile:. Might be a good idea to log your longer fixed rides on here, I will put ours on. Another good reason for choosing this date is that dr_pink is racing a lumpy 100 mile TT the following weekend in North Norfolk.

So long as you aren't swinging off that shoulder too soon you should be ok. I was off the bike two weeks and managed a 40 mile hilly ride just after a month. Glad the ticker is sorted.
If I keep my present fitness up and continue to build before the op then get straight on the rollers post op with some kind of support rigged up for the shoulder, I'm hoping that will do it. My only worry is that climbing out of the saddle might be difficult. We shall see.

May 23 onwards would suit me better as well if we can be choosy :hugs:
It starts to get a bit tricky the later we leave it because the TT season is in full swing and doing a 100 mile fixed ride isn't ideal prep for a race the next day or even racing the previous day. I was hoping that by going for a date in May it might give everyone a bit more time to prepare etc. Is that a complete no no then?
Not heard from anyone else yet though I think Dave is ok with that.

May is OK for me up until the 23rd. So Tony.................It's a done deal mate, sorry. :hello:
See, Colin can afford to do any date because of sheer numbers, in fact it would probably pay to choose an unpopular date! Us, we are a select band [I like the sound of that] and try to please everyone, often ending up pleasing no one. Come on 4F, you know you want to.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Hmmmm well after coming to a "compromise" with Mrs 4F to delay her :birthday:celebrations with the phrase "yes you can go and play bikes with your online mates" I have the sign of approval for the 11th. :thumbsup: so no changing the date.....

I like that ^_^ not fast but just keeps going. ^_^ I've been posting in your ride today I'll keep doing it, rest weekend next weekend then the Guy Salmon ride on fixed.

http://www.sytner.co.uk/guy-salmon-...almon-jaguar-coventry-cycling-event-2014.aspx
Just to bring everyone up to date, I have been given the date for my shoulder op - 25th March so I think that will be fine as regards the ride, heck I am even thinking it might be possible to do Colin's ride 4 days after.
Regarding the ride that Dave has posted above, if the weather is reasonable it's likely we will come over and do that with you. Anyone else interested, gears or not?

D

Deleted member 1258

Just to bring everyone up to date, I have been given the date for my shoulder op - 25th March so I think that will be fine as regards the ride, heck I am even thinking it might be possible to do Colin's ride 4 days after.
Regarding the ride that Dave has posted above, if the weather is reasonable it's likely we will come over and do that with you. Anyone else interested, gears or not?

Sounds good to me, the forecast at the moment is windy with showers.

Bump.
Wondered how many of you are getting any decent mileages in. The wind has rather curtailed any longer rides but we have a couple of club reliability rides coming up over the next 2 weekends, one is 50 miles but we ride to the start and back again, so that adds 22 miles making 72. The other one is 75 miles and we will probably end up doing close to 80. Both are a good workout as we are always the only ones to ride fixed so keeping up with club riders on gears on the downhills is hard work.
Oh ye of little faith.. all of them.. Geared bike is in the garage in component parts!
Never doubted it :whistle:.

Top Bottom