Any survivors on here, cardiac arrest, heart attack, cancer....

Discussion in 'Training, Fitness and Health' started by Colin_P, 8 Sep 2014.

Tags:
  1. OP
    OP
    Colin_P

Colin_P Veteran

Update from me.

One of the nasty heart drugs I'm taking, Amiodarone, looks like it is causing liver problems and I've had a referal to chemical pathology. I amm quite worried about this as everything I google about liver problems seems to be bad news.

2. flatflr

flatflr Über Member

Update here. 6 months (to the day) update since my heart attack and I'm back to where I was before I got taken into hospital, in fact. I'd say that I'm better than where I was being smoke free (and no desire to start again) and a much improved diet.
    Not been out on the bike as much as I would like due to the weather but have been keeping at it on the turbo, and have been focusing on the running with 5 half marathon distance runs so far this year with the longest run being 16 miles and about to start my training for an ultra in July and a London to Paris in 24 hrs ride in June.

Alan O, Katherine, PaulSB and 5 others like this.
  3. dave r

dave r The Little Diesel

Well done!

flatflr likes this.
  4. flatflr

flatflr Über Member

Quick update here. Pretty much 9 month after my heart attack and over the weekend I completed a ride from London to Paris in under 24 hours (170 miles at 15.3mph ave.). Now I need to up the run training for an ultra marathon I have planned for July....

PaulSB, JtB, JhnBssll and 3 others like this.
  5. ColinJ

ColinJ Hillfinder General

Well done. :bravo:

At first glance I thought you had RUN from London to Paris and had a 'WTF' moment... :laugh:

6. flatflr

flatflr Über Member

Don't go giving me ideas ;)

PaulSB, Alan O and ColinJ like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice