Any survivors on here, cardiac arrest, heart attack, cancer....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member

OP
OP
Colin_P

Colin_P

Guru
Some news from me.

I'm taking an extremely toxic drug (Amiodarone) to prevent heart arrythmia which has lived up to its reputation.

Just got an urgent call from the GP to say I'm suffering hyperthyroidism on the back of some bloods taken only yesterday.

That explains why I've been feeling so horrible. The drug that stops my heart trying kill me quickly is killing me slowly.

D

Deleted member 1258

Some news from me.

I'm taking an extremely toxic drug (Amiodarone) to prevent heart arrythmia which has lived up to its reputation.

Just got an urgent call from the GP to say I'm suffering hyperthyroidism on the back of some bloods taken only yesterday.

That explains why I've been feeling so horrible. The drug that stops my heart trying kill me quickly is killing me slowly.

:hugs:

Stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea. My best wishes that the doctor can come up with a solution to this.

classic33

Leg End Member
Some news from me.

I've a similar problem, discovered after 35 years. Hope they manage to get you changed onto something else in the shortest time possible.

With as few ill effects as possible.

Alan O

Über Member
Some news from me.

Ach, I can understand that. My wife has a heart arrythmia, and Amiodarone seems to be the most effective treatment for it. But her doc really wants her to have the minimum amount possible, so he has her on other (less effective) drugs for as long as possible and only switches to Amiodarone for shorter periods when he thinks she really needs it. Thankfully, that approach seems to be working.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Emergency Stenting after a cardiac episode when I was 42 (9 years ago now). Fortunately no lasting damage. Beta blockers, Statins galore, c'est la vie!
.....roll the years on and am there again....
After recent issues of general malaise, heavy breathing, fatigue, heavy legs etc. but nothing substantial I eventually had a CT scan last Thursday. This coming Friday I go in for an Angiogram.
Judging by the CT report it seems I have multiple blockages hence the lack of really meaningful symptoms. I'm guessing if bad-enough, then maybe a by-pass could be an option.
Either way, it needs to be something.
Hopefully update on Saturday!

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
After recent issues of general malaise, heavy breathing, fatigue, heavy legs etc. but nothing substantial I eventually had a CT scan last Thursday. This coming Friday I go in for an Angiogram.
Judging by the CT report it seems I have multiple blockages hence the lack of really meaningful symptoms. I'm guessing if bad-enough, then maybe a by-pass could be an option.
Wishing you all the best FF and hoping for a fast and full recovery.

flatflr

Guru

Best of luck FF, hope all goes well.

GM

Legendary Member

Wishing you all the best for Friday, Fabbers. Hope it goes well.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Very best wishes, Fabbers old bean.

Top Bottom