Any survivors on here, cardiac arrest, heart attack, cancer....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I'm now using the old laptop which took me to the US site yesterday - UK today!

Something is obviously not quite right. I'll report it.
Your link is to the UK site but it’s probably the preferences stored by the Amazon site that are redirecting people to the US site. Try deleting your browser cookies and that should fix it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Your link is to the UK site but it’s probably the preferences stored by the Amazon site that are redirecting people to the US site. Try deleting your browser cookies and that should fix it.
It's not that - I was getting different results on the same machine at different times. I don't visit the US site and had been on the UK site to find the book, but when I tested the link the first time I still got taken to the US site. The same link is now taking me to the UK site.

classic33

Leg End Member
Heart attack in the early hours of the 29th November last year(2018). Just about, 9 hours, two years short of being told cancer was back. Ambulance ride to the local A&E. Only realised what date it was that day.

Resting heart rate not willing/wanting/able to drop below 100bpm. Which came first I'm uncertain, and the high heart rate and high blood pressure has them confused.

One further trip, early December, to A&E on the instructions of the Paramedics who took me the first time and those who treated me whilst there.

I'm knackered day in day out, but sleep isn't easy come by. About 4 -5 hours a week. The usual treatment couldn't be given, due to the epilepsy. I never expected to see December out, let alone the start of 2019. It's now one day at a time, very little planned more than a week ahead, not certain I'd be there to see it.

Slick

Guru
Heart attack in the early hours of the 29th November last year(2018). Just about, 9 hours, two years short of being told cancer was back. Ambulance ride to the local A&E. Only realised what date it was that day.

Resting heart rate not willing/wanting/able to drop below 100bpm. Which came first I'm uncertain, and the high heart rate and high blood pressure has them confused.

One further trip, early December, to A&E on the instructions of the Paramedics who took me the first time and those who treated me whilst there.

I'm knackered day in day out, but sleep isn't easy come by. About 4 -5 hours a week. The usual treatment couldn't be given, due to the epilepsy. I never expected to see December out, let alone the start of 2019. It's now one day at a time, very little planned more than a week ahead, not certain I'd be there to see it.
Jeez, sorry to hear this. What treatment can they administer?

classic33

Leg End Member
Jeez, sorry to hear this. What treatment can they administer?
Little, the epilepsy seems to throw most of the regular treatments out. Fitting whilst on the operating table makes them uneasy about operating.

Until they know what's causing the high heart rate, 50% higher than normal, and the high blood pressure, nothing but tests.

And any possibilty of those starting any time soon, went out the window today.

Spelling corrected

Last edited:

ColinJ

Little, the epilepsy seems to through most of the regular treatments out. Fitting whilst on the operating table makes them uneasy about operating.

Until they know what's causing the high heart rate, 50% higher than normal, and the high blood pressure, nothing but tests.

Apart from that, everything is fine ... :whistle:

Good luck - it sounds horrid!

classic33

Leg End Member
Apart from that, everything is fine ... :whistle:

Good luck - it sounds horrid!
Well they've found cavities in some bones, there's the CSF leaks...

But other than the usual trips to A&E, it's not too bad. I'm able to get out and about.

ColinJ

I'd forgotten that CSF problem! I had to look up what it is.

I wonder if there is a fundamental problem that they haven't spotted that causes all of the other problems? You seem to have so many of them that you are either the world's most unlucky man, or something is behind it all!

ColinJ

Still class myself as one of the lucky ones. Those that get to leave.
Me too. When I was in hospital one of the other men in the ward told me that he was dying but he hadn't been able to bring himself to tell his wife and children. They all came to visit him that evening and were excitedly talking about what they would do when he was better. I ended up with my face buried in my pillow in case any of them noticed how upset I was ... :sad:

D

Deleted member 1258

Me too. When I was in hospital one of the other men in the ward told me that he was dying but he hadn't been able to bring himself to tell his wife and children. They all came to visit him that evening and were excitedly talking about what they would do when he was better. I ended up with my face buried in my pillow in case any of them noticed how upset I was ... :sad:

:sad::sad::sad:

Slick

Guru
Little, the epilepsy seems to throw most of the regular treatments out. Fitting whilst on the operating table makes them uneasy about operating.

Spelling corrected
Wow, that does sound horrid. Take care.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!

Only just started reading this thread. Feckin hell classic33, you don't do things by half do you? :eek:

Hope you get better big fella :hugs:

Top Bottom