Are electrically assisted bikes cheating (poll)

are electrically assisted bikes...cheating?

• yes

Votes: 52 20.6%
  • no

Votes: 200 79.4%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EnPassant

Remember Remember some date in November Member
I got out at the weekend on my new bike and managed to get in a lovely 35 mile ride, a new PB for me!!! :smile: :smile:

scooter.php?img=vespian2.jpg
Needs more mirrors. Many more.
Oh and a chrome plating job over the pink bits.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Can someone please post angrily about how they are all disgusting cheaters so that we can get a proper argument going because the tone of this thread so far has been very reasonable and intelligent and lacking in general unpleasantness thank you
angrymob.jpg

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
True, but I would love to have a bike with a hidden motor so I could cruise past all the sportive MAMILs who think they are competing.
Why?:wacko:

U

User169

There were rumours ealier in the year here in NL that helmets may be made mandatory for some of the fast e-bikes. As of next year, they'll be treated similarly to mopeds.

There were rumours ealier in the year here in NL that helmets may be made mandatory for some of the fast e-bikes. As of next year, they'll be treated similarly to mopeds.

Assuming that I have understood this......

"Fast e-bikes" are those that exceed the regulations (typically 15mph)

They would be treated as in the rest of Europe

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
One of the lads that works at our caravan site in North Wales has a petrol assisted bike. It will clock well over 40 apparently. He uses it on the NCN path to get to work, as we all know these things aren't legal. Not seen it yet, but my dad has.

At the moment "e-bikes" are like mobility scooters

The regulations are clear, but not always mentioned at point of sale

Some reports suggest that up to a third of mobility scooters exceed the stipulated limit for pavement use, require additionsl insurance and should only be used on roads

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Some reports suggest that up to a third of mobility scooters exceed the stipulated limit for pavement use, require additionsl insurance and should only be used on roads
On roads?
I get scared for them oaps if I happen to see them on the road!

Top Bottom