"Audi driver and cyclist clash"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
Really? Last time I was out on my bike I was told to 'f'kin move, your in my way... Can't you see it's a red light?' while I was sat at set of lights. The rider then turned left the wrong way up a one way street. According to most on this thread all motorists are deranged, I have news folks, knobs are knobs, be it on their desk chair, bike or behind the wheel.

My wife remarked to the non lit ninja cyclist the other evening that lights might be a good idea, and was told to "fark off"

PK99

Legendary Member
nope, just watched again with headphones and the section I mis-heard was when he was discussing a "life and death" I thought he asked the cyclist to nod for the camera, as he nods and so does the cyclist.

My opinion still stands though

ie your opinion is based on prejudice and not evidence and is therefore of little value

(
prej·u·dice/ˈprejədəs/

Noun:
Preconceived opinion not based on reason or experience.)

Davidsw8

The vast majority of cyclists I see are riding courteously and within the law. When they don't and are challenged on the matter the vast majority respond positively and not aggressively.

Now replace the word 'cyclists' with 'Audi drivers' and 'riding' with 'driving' and see if it still rings true.

In my daily experience it doesn't. But maybe in SW19 it is different.

Might be different in SW19 but in SE1 up to W1, I'd say up to 50% of cyclists are doing something they shouldn't: RLJ'ing; pavement cycling; no lights; under-taking; cutting others up etc.

Whenever I've said something, it's been either totally ignored, completely denied or met with a stream of abuse. One woman this morning, just raised her hand in acknowledgment at me telling her she's cycling the wrong way up a one way street.

PK99

Legendary Member
Might be different in SW19 but in SE1 up to W1, I'd say up to 50% of cyclists are doing something they shouldn't: RLJ'ing; pavement cycling; no lights; under-taking; cutting others up etc.

Whenever I've said something, it's been either totally ignored, completely denied or met with a stream of abuse. One woman this morning, just raised her hand in acknowledgment at me telling her she's cycling the wrong way up a one way street.

No I'd also say the 50% number would be about right in SW19

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
I thought the Audi driver was very polite.

I have only bashed one vehicle with my hand (ever) this year and I was horrified,even if it was an Addison Lee in a pinch point at At St Pauls.

The Audi driver was completely at fault and his reaction bordered on dangerous driving. You really should report this to the police IMHO.

Must admit the way he pulled in before the confrontation was very naughty.

Monsieur

Well, blow me down with a feather...

Just got home from work in my lovely, warm and comfortable Audi (with radio 4 on of course) and slowed down as I approached a cyclist. Not dark yet but also not enough light to see the cyclist clearly. I indicated to other cars that I was overtaking, mirror check, and pulled out to overtake the cyclist giving more than enough room and guess what?

Cyclist (with no lights on, by the way) suddenly pulls out in front of me to go straight across road in front to get to the other pavement. I braked and tooted my external warning device to be met by a solitary finger raised towards the heavens.

Darn Audi drivers, eh?

Being the responsible driver/rider I anticipated that the cyclist could have been a knob and I was proven correct.
Prior planning.
Assume that the driver/rider/pedestrian is going to do something unexpected and you will be rewarded with safe passage to your destination.

So, in summary, today I have found that all cyclists I meet are knobs but I encountered a perfectly respectable BMW, Audi, Volvo, Landrover, Honda......

dodd82

Well, blow me down with a feather...

Just got home from work in my lovely, warm and comfortable Audi (with radio 4 on of course) and slowed down as I approached a cyclist. Not dark yet but also not enough light to see the cyclist clearly. I indicated to other cars that I was overtaking, mirror check, and pulled out to overtake the cyclist giving more than enough room and guess what?

Cyclist (with no lights on, by the way) suddenly pulls out in front of me to go straight across road in front to get to the other pavement. I braked and tooted my external warning device to be met by a solitary finger raised towards the heavens.

Darn Audi drivers, eh?

Being the responsible driver/rider I anticipated that the cyclist could have been a knob and I was proven correct.
Prior planning.
Assume that the driver/rider/pedestrian is going to do something unexpected and you will be rewarded with safe passage to your destination.

So, in summary, today I have found that all cyclists I meet are knobs but I encountered a perfectly respectable BMW, Audi, Volvo, Landrover, Honda......

It's a relief that there are people like you to publish the results of a national survey, with a sample size of one driver, for us all to learn from.

A very thorough, logical analysis. Thank you.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I braked and tooted my external warning device to be met by a solitary finger raised towards the heavens.
Why did you beep your horn? You'd taken evasive action through braking.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Really? Last time I was out on my bike I was told to 'f'kin move, your in my way... Can't you see it's a red light?' while I was sat at set of lights. The rider then turned left the wrong way up a one way street. According to most on this thread all motorists are deranged, I have news folks, knobs are knobs, be it on their desk chair, bike or behind the wheel.
is your single instance an example of my vast majority?

Monsieur

Not laying blame anywhere - just highlighting the fact that some drivers are knobs. Some cyclists are knobs.
Ask a cycling forum who are knobs, cyclists or car drivers, you get a certain answer.
Ask the same on a car drivers forum you'd get another answer.

Enjoy the ride and/or the drive - just accept that people won't always do as you expect ^_^

Buddfox

Veteran
Enjoy the ride and/or the drive - just accept that people won't always do as you expect ^_^

And if they're in an Audi, they're more likely than drivers of some other car marques to do something you wouldn't expect. Based on several years of personal experience and no national, statistically significant survey... ^_^

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
ie your opinion is based on prejudice and not evidence and is therefore of little value

(
prej·u·dice/ˈprejədəs/

Noun:
Preconceived opinion not based on reason or experience.)
Yeah that's right...I'm preguJiced (must look up how to spell that) for assuming a pratt in a car who hammers on his horn and runs a cyclist off the road may actually be a little volatile but turns all soft and cuddly when faced with a camera.

Ease off PK, My opinion is based upon his actions thus far in the video, nothing else.

Top Bottom