BBC helmet cam film to explore cyclist-motorist conflict

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
No war here,I fall out sometimes but by the next commute it's generally forgotten.

riggsbie

Coffee and Recumbent Trikes.......
The driving standards here in Oz are woefully poor !

I think driver training/education is to blame..... You get a lot of car drivers saying you have right to ride in the road as you are not a registered/insured vehicle etc.....

Then ironically they are happy to throw glass beer bottles out the window on to the shoulder thus forcing you to ride in 'their' road....

Some people here are in such a rush that a delay of maybe 30 seconds is simply too much as well ;-)

And getting as close as possible is seen as a challenge ! I regularly get cut off approaching punch points so I tend to ride in a stronger more dominant position which then upsets them even more !

Ironically the recumbent trike and Velomobile has a very different response from most car and trade drivers !! I guess it's the WTF factor ?

Wont bother watching it myself but really not looking forward to the grief the following day at work :sad:

I'm glad I'm off that week!

Overhearing someone at work getting a lecture about how cycling in the rain is causing a danger on the roads..I was impressed that it took a whole 3 minutes to mention R*** T**

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
All I hope is that they try to educate the viewers on the 'Road Tax' myth, cause i all I ever get is 'You don't pay road tax' blah blah etc

I fully agree .. but I doubt it

Top Bottom