Brompton project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Well that should bring you back to earth :laugh:

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I sprayed the rear triangle and forks this afternoon so everything is yellow now that needed to be yellow :laugh: I've started masking up the main frame again for the final colour, Oyster White, and once again have run out of blobs :laugh: So I'm now tracing a fifth A4 sheet of blobs, and will shortly be cutting around them with a craft knife :rolleyes: I should get the paint on later today :okay:

Until then, here's a sneak peek at the final layer of masking going on... ^_^

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Minor calamity :whistle:

The solvent I was using to degrease before paint suddenly started melting the vinyl :laugh: No idea why now, as I've used it on every coat, and only in a small area by the bottom bracket. I got the paint on quickly and then waited a short time before removing the now blistering blobs :sad:

Theres a bit of damage but nothing I cant touch up before laquer - otherwise I'm pretty pleased with how it looks :becool:

I'll leave it to harden a bit more before I try and peel.any more off to minimise the damage :laugh:

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Just realised this was the area I'd used a different sheet of vinyl, although from the same pack... I wonder if it's slightly thinner or something so more sensitive to the solvent. Who knows :laugh:

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Words can't describe how satisfying the peeling process is :okay::laugh:

I was pleased to find the Brompton logo vinyl came away easily too, although it has left a residue behind. No matter as I'll be lightly wet sanding it and cleaning it up before I laquer it up :okay:

It's now in the house warming up to try and harden the paint up :becool: Hopefully I'll get the forks and swingarm to the same state tomorrow ^_^

This project is great fun :laugh:

Top Bottom