Change from British Cycling to Cycling UK... Thoughts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
BC now it's only on bike stuff and you need a voucher to get the discount and it's only valid once a month.
If this is true then the staff of my local branch seem to be blissfully unaware, given that I bought car headlight bulbs and tyre levers in two separate visits last month, and just waved my plastic card both times.

Note as far as I know a no win no fee lawyer will take a cut of the payout. Leigh Day (BC) don't.
I was unfortunate enough to require the services of Leigh Day a couple of years ago and they were excellent. The insurance cover is my main reason for having BC membership, and even at £30-odd quid a year I count that as decent value.

you get a mag to read and despite its knockers
Do they still print those kind of mags? I remember finding them in bushes as a lad but thought that had all stopped since the dawn of the etherweb.

Drago

Legendary Member
Do they still print those kind of mags? I remember finding them in bushes as a lad but thought that had all stopped since the dawn of the etherweb.

I remember those. So well thumbed they looked like a puff pastry.

vickster

Legendary Member
If this is true then the staff of my local branch seem to be blissfully unaware, given that I bought car headlight bulbs and tyre levers in two separate visits last month, and just waved my plastic card both times.

I was unfortunate enough to require the services of Leigh Day a couple of years ago and they were excellent. The insurance cover is my main reason for having BC membership, and even at £30-odd quid a year I count that as decent value.

I’m not sure when the rules changed. The need for a code is new I think (I didn’t need about a month ago)

I've used it successfully several times since then without realising. I bought a track pump this week and he couldn't find the discount code, so put it through against something else. That will be why.
That’s what they did for me, BC are crap at communicating the changes, so the shop sorted it.

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
I meant to say it came into effect on the 1st October not August !

OP
OP
simon the viking
Cancelled D. D. status on membership now says renew before 11/11/18. It was saying no action needed So looks like cancelling D. D has worked.

Definitely going home membership for all 3 of us at cycling uk for a fiver a month

vickster

Legendary Member
Cancelled mine today too ....
Make sure you replace the legal cover with something else
I had a year of no BC but covered myself with LCC 3rd party (although I had an ongoing claim with Leigh Day). LCC don’t do that on its own now, so I went back to BC as cheaper for a ‘new’ member on DD.

Next year I may look at LCC full membership as a non sportiving London cyclist although I think it’s more costly than BC. It would make sense as I’m actually involved in my borough LCC group :blush:

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
I'll probably go a year with no cover to be honest and then do what you did, go back as a 'new' customer.

Top Bottom