Change from British Cycling to Cycling UK... Thoughts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Cycling UK, solely because i qualify for half price membership. The politics, the nasty sniping on their forum, and the ad rag dressed as a members magazine aren't worth paying full price for.

pawl

Legendary Member
Cycling UK, solely because i qualify for half price membership. The politics, the nasty sniping on their forum, and the ad rag dressed as a members magazine aren't worth paying full price for.

Agree with that Have not renewed my C U K membership.Nothing of interest in the magazine. Joined BC at least you get a weekly newsletter.

lane

Veteran
CUK seems to be £10m third party - couldn't see anything about £1m for family but may have missed it

Says you don't have to pay legal fees so unless diliberately misleading is not no win no fee

Halfords discount seems to have changed to require code and membership card and does not cover sale items. I think almost certainly Halfords decide on the terms and apply to both BC and CUK in the same way so benefit is the same.

I cycle with CUK local group so have that membership.

OP
OP
simon the viking
CUK seems to be £10m third party - couldn't see anything about £1m for family but may have missed it

Says you don't have to pay legal fees so unless diliberately misleading is not no win no fee

Halfords discount seems to have changed to require code and membership card and does not cover sale items. I think almost certainly Halfords decide on the terms and apply to both BC and CUK in the same way so benefit is the same.

I cycle with CUK local group so have that membership.
I only had a quick glance at the liability perhaps I misread then perhaps it is 10 million.

OP
OP
simon the viking

I don't really read the BC newsletter and haven't got time to go on any more forums.. so would be solely for the insurance and legal help and having looked at actual insurance cover through a broker I reckon one of the two organisations would be the best way to go.

Thanks for your input @Drago I must admit I've missed your down to earth advice and interesting opinions. I must try to post more and not disappear again...

lane

Veteran
CUK also offer 15% off Cotswold Outdoor. Although if you can afford to shop there even with 15% discount you have more money than me - they always seem expensive.

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't really read the BC newsletter and haven't got time to go on any more forums.. so would be solely for the insurance and legal help and having looked at actual insurance cover through a broker I reckon one of the two organisations would be the best way to go.

Thanks for your input @Drago I must admit I've missed your down to earth advice and interesting opinions. I must try to post more and not disappear again...

Good to see you about as well matey ;)

OP
OP
simon the viking
From the info provided i reckon I'll switch r to get itty bitty payments instead of a big lump and to get cover for everyone in house rather than just me

D

Deleted member 26715

I asked the same questions a few months ago, cannot find the thread now, but somebody did offer another company but no-one seemed to have any experience of them, but it was purely a 3rd Party liability type policy along with legal cover, I'll keep looking for the thread.

@vickster Can you remember it, pretty sure you also commented on it?

Top Bottom