Cycling Movie - Who's interested?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

akb

Veteran
A little too calming. I was thinking of something which had a slow start, a moderately loud middle, and returned to a slow ending. (Slow as in soothing)

Maybe something like Faithless. God is a DJ is a tune and matches your spec. Most House type music starts off slow, goes a bit mental in the middle and then slows down at the end.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I really liked it, particularly some of the camera angles from the ground and some nice scenery around where you live :smile:

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Did you make it up the hill ?
YES! First time in a while of trying.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Watched it with my son aged 13 and we thought it was cool. Pity about the grotty weather though. I like the close-ups of bits of the bike like the front wheel. Don't you know anybody who can do some panning shots for you? I would if I lived close.

How long is that cable on your rear brake though! Cut it shorter and you'll lose a couple of grammes weight!

Nice brown legs Matt, you obviously don't have to sit in an office wearing long trousers all day!

Well done. The next one will be even better with what you've learned.

Gary E

Veteran
OK, have to get this out of the way first - I'm really not sure about the groin-cam :wacko:

Other than that, great job. :thumbsup: It's really refreshing watching a cycle video that isn't about people jumping lights/lanes or driving while on the phone.

That video, for me, shows all of the positive sides of our hobby.

Well done :wahhey:

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Watched it with my son aged 13 and we thought it was cool. Pity about the grotty weather though. I like the close-ups of bits of the bike like the front wheel. Don't you know anybody who can do some panning shots for you? I would if I lived close.

How long is that cable on your rear brake though! Cut it shorter and you'll lose a couple of grammes weight!

Nice brown legs Matt, you obviously don't have to sit in an office wearing long trousers all day!

Well done. The next one will be even better with what you've learned.
Well the weather wasnt that bad but it would have been better sunny.

Unfortunately I dont know anyone who could do panning shots for me. There was one section of video which was done by some walkers (you can hear them cheer as I pass).
I would be able to do so much more if I only had these things: someone else, a better camera and a moveable or rotating stand.

Gary E

Veteran
A few other people have said that the groin cam is a bit OTT.
Just joking Matthew, it's a great little vid and as I said it's a really nice change for someone to record what's good about the sport rather than everything that's bad.
You managed to capture it right from the getting ready stage to the putting your pride and joy away safely stage, top job :thumbsup:

First off Matthew I think you are incredibly brave in doing this. My first thought, and I don't mind admitting it, when I first read the thread was :crazy::thumbsdown:

This could have backfired spectacularly IMO, but it hasn't. I enjoyed watching it TBH and I think you did a really good job. It's not something I'd try myself, but I'm not a camera cyclist anyway, plus as the old saying goes, I have the perfect face for radio myself :whistle:

Your clothing reminded me of the Marmite logo TBH, and I think that sums you up if you don't mind me saying so, but this little project has done you no harm what so ever.

Hat's off to you young man :thumbsup:

Top Bottom