Cycling Movie - Who's interested?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
There are some technical points that could be improved, some are mentioned above (like the crotch cam, that's got to go). Some not, the one that jumped out at me was the focus on the close up bits, most notably when you look your bike over, the focus and depth of field don't work IMO (and you are a bit shakey), I don't know what camera you are using but you might want to practice a bit at this if your camera lets you control these things.

Overall, nice job!
I was using my Contour helmet cam. Probably the most out of focus was the key at the start, it was just so fuzzy!

I have got two ideas for my next video though, and I will be able to make it better by using the advice given here.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Liked it, although I could have done without the crotch shot while I was eating my lunch :smile:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
As for the enable on mobile devices, this used to be very simple, but the option appears to have changed/dissapeared/hidden somewhere un-intuitive.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
In all seriousness I spent years making videos for clients and your video is a.o.k. You might want to be a bit harsher with your cuts; as it writing short segments can be used to create drama.

Sent from the remains of my brain using my meaty fingers on a silly virtual keyboard.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
From the feedback, I have come to the conclusion that people would like me to do another vid and improve upon it?

Well I have thought of two choices. Either a MTB vid or another one of my race bike, but I would go to my local race track and do it there. I could even take my MTB to the local professional BMX track and do a few jumps in it.

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
So it is with cyclechat not youtube? I will try to find the problem.

No mate, it's a YouTube option...somewhere! Google it.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Firstly try getting out of bed at a reasonable hour you lazy so and so!!!!!!! :smile:
Other than that, I enjoyed it a big well done. I echo the crotch shot sentiments also I was quite enjoying the music and didn't really want to hear the chainset/road noise on the bike mounted moving shots, but that may just be me.
You did a good job though, congratulations :cheers:

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Firstly try getting out of bed at a reasonable hour you lazy so and so!!!!!!! :smile:
Other than that, I enjoyed it a big well done. I echo the crotch shot sentiments also I was quite enjoying the music and didn't really want to hear the chainset/road noise on the bike mounted moving shots, but that may just be me.
You did a good job though, congratulations :cheers:
Well I had the problem of not being able to remove the sound on the footage unless I changed the speed of it (which I could have a little). The crotch cam is a big no-no and I will remove it from future publications.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Talking about the soundtrack, I was looking for something a bit calming but the only things on my MP4 are either Dubstep or R&B. Does anyone know of a place to buy or download something a bit less upbeat? (You oldies should be helpful)

There have been websites that sell licences for music by Brian Eno and co. You could look into that. Or you could look for some creative commons music (soundclick and soundcloud might be good sites to check) as long as you credit the source.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
There have been websites that sell licences for music by Brian Eno and co. You could look into that. Or you could look for some creative commons music (soundclick and soundcloud might be good sites to check) as long as you credit the source.
Well it hasnt been taken down yet so I might just put a bit in the description about the song.

Top Bottom