Cycling Shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PrettyboyTim

I don't think you're meant to wear anything under them. When I wear cycling shorts I tend to use them as padded underwear although obviously a lot of people just wear the shorts by themselves.

Shaun

Founder
If you're talking about lycra cycling shorts - nothing. Wearing undies can lead to chafing, so it's best to go commando.

If you're talking MTB 'baggies' - whatever you like. :smile:

Cheers,
Shaun

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Admin said:
If you're talking about lycra cycling shorts - nothing. Wearing undies can lead to chafing, so it's best to go commando.

If you're talking MTB 'baggies' - whatever you like. :smile:

Cheers,
Shaun

Agreed

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Cycling shorts - nothing under. If you aren't too happy with just lycra ones, shove a pair of baggies on top.

It's the padding and lack of seams that stop things getting nasty on your under carriage... also use chammy cream or a 'thick moisturiser' on long rides.

yenrod

Seeing somebody WITH something under some cycling shorts is just seriously WCS.

Though, the other day I had to call in to the post office on my way to the house from work - went to 1 PO big queue WENT to anohter big queue so I decided to wait there...whilst propping the cycle up against the side I knocked/scrapped my ankle with my cleat :sad: :ohmy:

Then the wait..................................................................but whilst doing so EVERY woman in the place checked me out.

MORAL: never frequent public areas (ie shops etc..) in cycling shorts unless you want to feel like a subliminal expose' astist ! :biggrin:

:biggrin:

I'm not BTW the way: but I did feel temendously exposed !

Smeggers

woollen underpants knitted from goats hair.

...... if you're hard!

MattLiverpool

I've been cycling a very short time and my natural inclination upon looking at a pair of cycling shorts was that nothing should be worn underneath. After realising recently that it's possible for pubic hairs to penetrate throuh my lycra shorts I'm not so sure now.

Anyone had a same experience or should i be changing my screen name to 'Super Pubes'?

Matt

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
MattLiverpool said:
I've been cycling a very short time and my natural inclination upon looking at a pair of cycling shorts was that nothing should be worn underneath. After realising recently that it's possible for pubic hairs to penetrate throuh my lycra shorts I'm not so sure now.

Anyone had a same experience or should i be changing my screen name to 'Super Pubes'?

Matt

Jesus, how long are they ?

Top Bottom