Dead Badgers found whilst cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Dead badgers are common as muck.
A live badger is a rare thing of beauty.

This one was at a wildlife refuge, and obliged by saying "Cheese!"
upload_2019-4-28_12-24-16.png

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Dead badgers are common as muck.
A live badger is a rare thing of beauty.

This one was at a wildlife refuge, and obliged by saying "Cheese!"
View attachment 464316
As there are no badgers on Mull I wonder if there are any on Muck?

Live badgers are the bane of my life. They are very common around here and they are always in the garden digging it up. Looks like a rotavator has been at work

gbb

Legendary Member
Not cycling at the time but i was driving to work a couple years ago, just as daylight was flooding across adjacent fields. WHAT THE HECK IS THAT ????? as i saw this trundling silhouette of a creature loping towards some bushes, at quite some speed, some distance away.
A badger of course, it dawned on me we've all seen them, but rarely at speed, rarely in the open. Its gait threw me for a few seconds., quite bearlike.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Not wishing to sidetrack the thread, but it is bike related.
My wife has named her Cream coloured Brompton " Badger" and even had decals printed to go on the frame.

It took a while for the penny to drop about the band Cream and one of her favourite tracks.

12boy

Guru
Riding through northwestern Wyoming to the northern entrance to Yellowstone National Park I once saw a coyote running for its life across the road. You don't often see them in the daytime and they are hard to see when still since their natural colors are a pretty close match with the brown and tawny summer colors of the high desert. Close behind the coyote was an enraged badger who was like a large hairy rug with legs underneath in a blur. Even bears and mountain lions leave them alone since although they can kill a badger it won't go down easy.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Saturday's report. One dead and very fresh looking badger in Sole Street. Two dead hedgehogs. A sort of furry vole/mouse thing.

No dead squirrels, but quite a lot of live ones.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
We get a (live) badger in our garden. Mrs PP has seen it and the grubbing up of bulbs, squashing of the flowerbeds, and big hole dug under the fence is quite strong evidence . A neighbour had his quite large waterbut pulled over resulting in a tsumani on his patio that washed away his pot plants. The badger was blamed for that too. A colleague nearby as seen one, presumably a different one, in his own garden. We live in the middle of Bristol so quite impressive really.

Tiger10

Über Member
Top Bottom