Dead Badgers found whilst cycling

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Gravity Aided, 31 Mar 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    Gravity Aided

Gravity Aided Guru

Beans are good with fried squarl, the haddock, cod, fried chicken, and an inch thick elk steak. In place of gravy on the fried squarl, try honey, as well.

DCBassman and mudsticks like this.
  2. MichaelW2

MichaelW2 Veteran

I met a LB one night in a park In Hastings. It ran alongside my bike about 1m away from me, for the whole length of the park then veered off into a small wood.

Gravity Aided and Dave 123 like this.
  3. Siclo

Siclo Über Member

I've seen lots of live badgers, there was a sett in the paddock of the cottage I lived in on the farm when I was younger, had a couple running alongside the bike by the salt works in Northwich on a DIY 400 audax a few years ago. The last one I saw was last September whilst on holiday on the lizard peninsula, the little sod woke me up by emptying the neighbour's bin.

Last edited: 4 Apr 2019
    Gravity Aided and Dogtrousers like this.
  4. mudsticks

mudsticks Über Member

We really do have a bad rep don't we.

Murderous b*st*rds one and all.

Sure wildlife can be a pita at times, and threaten our livelihoods, but we don't spend our whole lives going on massive killing sprees - and then driving miles about the place to dump bodies.

Too many folks watching too many murder shows I reckon.

Gravity Aided and Tiger10 like this.
  5. mudsticks

mudsticks Über Member

Yup definitely needs some greens.
    Purple sprouting broccoli with that I reckon :smile:

Gravity Aided likes this.
  6. Siclo

Siclo Über Member

Not one and all, but as with cyclists, motorists and any section of society there's always the bad apples.

Exhibit 1) A former colleague and young farming activist who turned up to give me a lift to work with the back of his van stinking because he'd gralloched and quartered a snared deer in the back the night before because it was persisting it down.

I'm not out to paint farmers in a bad light, I loved my years on the farm and met a huge number of caring committed folk but, yes, I've also met a few cruel murderous b*st*rds

7. OP
    OP
    Gravity Aided

Gravity Aided Guru

Cruel murderous bastards are everywhere, though. Except the Isle of Sodor.

classic33 and Siclo like this.
  8. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

You want to read the books again.

9. OP
    OP
    Gravity Aided

Gravity Aided Guru

I think I liked the narrator first time around.

classic33 likes this.
  10. Tiger10

Tiger10 Well-Known Member

11. OP
    OP
    Gravity Aided

Gravity Aided Guru

Dogtrousers and classic33 like this.
  12. lazybloke

lazybloke Über Member

He's not long for this world

upload_2019-4-10_1-49-57.png

Gravity Aided likes this.
  13. OP
    OP
    Gravity Aided

Gravity Aided Guru

I think he teaches at McKendree College, which is a college in a small town in Illinois. Every so often, you'll come to a small town like Eureka or Monmouth or Lebanon, and there among the ruralness is a little college. I think McKendree is just about the oldest college in Illinois.(1828). About 3,000 students, in a town of about 4,000. I think they are building, or have built, new residence halls so you don't have to pledge a fraternity.(although I rather liked fraternity life, it is not some people's cup of tea.).

Last edited: 10 Apr 2019
    Reynard and Dogtrousers like this.
  14. There are a lot of live badgers where I live but I see very few dead ones. There are dozens of deer and in 15 years I have only seen one dead one. We expect animals on the road in my part of Denmark and so people maybe drive accordingly.

15. Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers Kilometre nibbler

Denmark is the location of the mythical Badgers' Graveyard where all badgers go to die. Since the end of the last ice age, when the British Isles were separated from the continent, badgers in the British Isles have their death-migration instincts frustrated by the North Sea and the English Channel, which is why we get so many dead ones on the road.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice