Dead Badgers found whilst cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I met a LB one night in a park In Hastings. It ran alongside my bike about 1m away from me, for the whole length of the park then veered off into a small wood.

Siclo

Veteran
I've seen lots of live badgers, there was a sett in the paddock of the cottage I lived in on the farm when I was younger, had a couple running alongside the bike by the salt works in Northwich on a DIY 400 audax a few years ago. The last one I saw was last September whilst on holiday on the lizard peninsula, the little sod woke me up by emptying the neighbour's bin.

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Why!!!!! Badgers die normally just like everything else. There was a dead badger in my field last spring and my only concern was did it have tb, didn't even think it may have been shot by a squad of ninja farmers. Are you always so suspicious?? Chill out

We really do have a bad rep don't we.

Murderous b*st*rds one and all.

Sure wildlife can be a pita at times, and threaten our livelihoods, but we don't spend our whole lives going on massive killing sprees - and then driving miles about the place to dump bodies.

Too many folks watching too many murder shows I reckon.

Siclo

Veteran
Murderous b*st*rds one and all.

Not one and all, but as with cyclists, motorists and any section of society there's always the bad apples.

Exhibit 1) A former colleague and young farming activist who turned up to give me a lift to work with the back of his van stinking because he'd gralloched and quartered a snared deer in the back the night before because it was persisting it down.

I'm not out to paint farmers in a bad light, I loved my years on the farm and met a huge number of caring committed folk but, yes, I've also met a few cruel murderous b*st*rds

OP
OP
Gravity Aided

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Not one and all, but as with cyclists, motorists and any section of society there's always the bad apples.

Exhibit 1) A former colleague and young farming activist who turned up to give me a lift to work with the back of his van stinking because he'd gralloched and quartered a snared deer in the back the night before because it was persisting it down.

I'm not out to paint farmers in a bad light, I loved my years on the farm and met a huge number of caring committed folk but, yes, I've also met a few cruel murderous b*st*rds
Cruel murderous bastards are everywhere, though. Except the Isle of Sodor.

OP
OP
Gravity Aided

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
You want to read the books again.
I think I liked the narrator first time around.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
He's not long for this world

upload_2019-4-10_1-49-57.png

OP
OP
Gravity Aided

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
THat bloke does interesting videos but I find his voice is just so annoying.

It is HISTORY ... That DESERVES ... To be remembered.
I think he teaches at McKendree College, which is a college in a small town in Illinois. Every so often, you'll come to a small town like Eureka or Monmouth or Lebanon, and there among the ruralness is a little college. I think McKendree is just about the oldest college in Illinois.(1828). About 3,000 students, in a town of about 4,000. I think they are building, or have built, new residence halls so you don't have to pledge a fraternity.(although I rather liked fraternity life, it is not some people's cup of tea.).

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
There are a lot of live badgers where I live but I see very few dead ones. There are dozens of deer and in 15 years I have only seen one dead one. We expect animals on the road in my part of Denmark and so people maybe drive accordingly.
Denmark is the location of the mythical Badgers' Graveyard where all badgers go to die. Since the end of the last ice age, when the British Isles were separated from the continent, badgers in the British Isles have their death-migration instincts frustrated by the North Sea and the English Channel, which is why we get so many dead ones on the road.

Top Bottom