Edinburgh Cycle Co-op 'Revolution Track'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

GregCollins said:
Well, my phone camera isn't great at autofocusing on bikes but there are some pics here
Looks lovely. But, those pix? Is it just me or are nearly all of them duplicated in the 17 you've attached to that blog entry? 1 = 17, 2 = 16, 3 = 15, 4 is unique, 5 = 14, 6 = 13 etc

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Norm said:
Looks lovely. But, those pix? Is it just me or are nearly all of them duplicated in the 17 you've attached to that blog entry? 1 = 17, 2 = 16, 3 = 15, 4 is unique, 5 = 14, 6 = 13 etc

Nope. somehow the pics got duplicated somehow in the upload process. Still learning how posterous interacts with different email clients. going to fix it this morning.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Coco said:
Let me know how it rides please.

It rides good. It rides very good. But then it depends on what you compare it with I guess.

58cm frame, the largest they do, is maybe a tadge too small for me at 6' 2" and I'm not sure my beer gut will let me ride on the drops comfortably: but then part of the reason for getting it is to get ride of the gut!

Thin tyres and an alloy frame could make for a harsh ride but I can't say I was any more beaten up by the ride home than I would have been on my tourer, and I got home quicker.

The Lovely Helen, swmbo, approves of the biked, phew, and pulled a very funny face when she realised it only has one gear and bunny lake, our daughter, liked the pedals! The cross I bear as the lone cyclist in the family.

Yep - this bike now has a date with the Southend FNRttC and will be available for inspection on request. I still think EBC should have maybe made it a tadge more expensive and thus put a fork on with better clearances but what do I know?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Bumpity bump

x2_1177ae0

Done just over 100km on her, including one parade around an empty car park at the wekekend in fixed mode. Soon put the wheel back around the other way!

Too much buzz through the bars, which I say about every bike I've ridden/owned, it must be my hands, has seen Brooks leather tape over Spesh bar phat go on the bars. B17 perch added after the first ride (the tourer from whence the said B17 came has been upgraded to a Flyer Special not so much bling as boing).

The seatpost is a highly agricultural piece of kit - so matches a Brooks perfectly and Mr Charliethebikemonger sold me a 'no logo' chain tug just in case. Longest ride I've managed so far is a mere 27km on local country lanes, she handles well, is chuckable, and, in the dry, at least, the brakes work great. Heaving up on the bars when honking reveals the similarly agricultural setup up front is rock sold.

Pay day may see me buy some crud raceguards as I want to use her for my 13 mile rural cross country commute. I am not convinced the front offers the clearance to fit them so they may appear in here in due course

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Coco said:
Excuse my ignorance, but what's a chain tug?

A clever little device to stop a fat lad like me stomping on his pedals and dragging the rear wheel out of alignment because he didn't torque the lock nuts to the proper torque when flipfloping his hub or fixing a puncture.

CHAINTUGSD20.JPG

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Rode mine in today and was very pleased with it. It is, as you say, almost silent and feels very nice in terms of handling. The brakes are fantastic, although I may remove the back one soonish once I'm more used to fixed.

Lovely little runner... shame about the paint job though!!! Luminous greeny/yellow... what were they thinking????

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Rode mine in today and was very pleased with it. It is, as you say, almost silent and feels very nice in terms of handling. The brakes are fantastic, although I may remove the back one soonish once I'm more used to fixed.

Lovely little runner... shame about the paint job though!!! Luminous greeny/yellow... what were they thinking????

Is it really luminuous? It does look like luminous paint for sure but I've not had a look to see if really glows in the dark. :biggrin:

Radius

SHREDDER
Greg your pics actually do a better job of making it look decent than the one on their website...looks like a decent cheap build (but definitely not a track bike! :biggrin:)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
GregCollins said:
Is it really luminuous? It does look like luminous paint for sure but I've not had a look to see if really glows in the dark. :biggrin:
I did actually pause whilst closing the garage door the other night after riding it home (the bike, not the garage)... and waited until the light inside went out (movement sensor LED) just to check... it seems that it isn't (which, rather strangely, I'm a bit disappointed about :tongue:).

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Radius said:
Greg your pics actually do a better job of making it look decent than the one on their website...looks like a decent cheap build (but definitely not a track bike! ;))

Nope. But then my Raleigh Chopper was a rubbish hatchet. Marketing types eh? :smile:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Sh4rkyBloke said:
I did actually pause whilst closing the garage door the other night after riding it home (the bike, not the garage)... and waited until the light inside went out (movement sensor LED) just to check... it seems that it isn't (which, rather strangely, I'm a bit disappointed about ;)).

Thank goodness. I have no desire to be iradiated whilst I ride.

OP
OP
fleetey

fleetey

Veteran
Looks really good - I'm still waiting for mine (Genesis in the end) to come from EBC - should be next Monday....

Top Bottom