Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smthers

Über Member
Collected my £19 FWE King of the Downs Softshell XS (now £45, rrp £64.99) and it fits my “inner 11 year old” like a glove.

Very smart well fitting technical jacket with windproof panels in just the right places. Well pleased. :becool:

vickster

Legendary Member
Looks nice but I fear from that pic that it might be super racing snake fit.
Cleverly designed to highlight the smallest gut.
From Q&A
  • I wonder if I could check the sizing on the jacket please, I am a 40" chest, but am 6'2" so need plenty of length in sleeves and body, so wondered which to go for?

Many thanks
  • Hello Steve,

Thanks for your question, our sizing is comparable to that or normal clothing. I would advise going for the size of jacket that you would normally go for when getting a jacket.

Team Ribble
And review
  • Quality purchase

This jacket has been a great purchase. Makes a real difference during those cold cycles. Stood up well to the rain and hail during a recent cycle.

Very comfortable fit. I am a 40inch chest and ordered a large, fits well. Quality product.
    Luke, 07 May 2019
So the available sizes would fit up to c. 40”

Many thanks for the info Vickster - I saw that - no idea about women's cycling gear but you have to be careful with men's stuff that is anywhere near the racer market.
Which is what Ribble seems to cater to these days.
And note that it has "italian material" - alarm bells :smile:
And that pic has the guy looking down in odd way - as if exclaiming - where's my stomach been photoshopped to :smile:
It does look very nice indeed but probably not for anyone who stops at a pub mid-ride.
If I was in those parts I'd do as a store collect but I'm not at the mo.
Very good original post though.

vickster

Legendary Member
Some women’s clothing is even more ridiculous like Ale. The smallest would barely fit a 5 year old. There’s far less choice of women’s clothing too obviously

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Ribble Black/blue soft shell jacket for £20:
https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/nuovo-by-ribble-mens-softshell-jacket-black-blue/#pid=42184
Also available black/red.

Thanks for this - I think I got the last black/red in Large. Will be great in the winter.

vickster

Legendary Member
the one i would have gone for if not so nervous :smile:

please report back.
Why nervous? You can always send it back for a couple of quid (Less actually a large letter is £1.50 first class and ample for a non bulky item of clothing in a Jiffy bag) ( the cost of half a pint if lucky)

Milzy

Guru
Picked up these on sale from the works.

Attachments

• 114A81C8-B885-41CE-BE7E-C43D86341C04.jpeg
    114A81C8-B885-41CE-BE7E-C43D86341C04.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom