Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Is it even worth the hassle for 99p?

You'd have to make the effort of bringing them back to...don't know...the post office?...all for 99p worth of product. Also, would the return be free?

I'd contact PX just for a refund and throw the crappy hangers in the bin.
Don’t know how many they bought that were faulty. But I’d certainly tell them even if not worth returning. Faulty goods returns are usually free even for companies that charge usually

BigMeatball

Faulty goods returns are usually free even for companies that charge usually

I would hope so. Especially for an "online only" company like Planet X I would assume online reputation is key

gaijintendo

Veteran
If you are part of Amazon's Cool Kid Club you can get a Kindle Fire 7 for £35 at the moment. I considered getting one and cling filming it for a turbo trainer bike display.

Well it arrived today. Nice jacket, great value at £9, but the sizing is way out. It is a very, very tight fit. I will hang on to it as I am trying to lose weight but probably won't order from Ribble again.
Can I ask what size you ordered?
If small I could maybe suggest something else.

Interesting that you found it tight - I did suspect as much from the pic.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Can I ask what size you ordered?
If small I could maybe suggest something else.

Interesting that you found it tight - I did suspect as much from the pic.

I would normally take a Large. I ordered Extra Large. When it arrived it said '14' on the label. If it had said 14 as the size on the website I wouldn't have ordered it as I would know that would be too small. I don't think most people would call a 14 Extra Large.

I can get it on but it is a struggle to do the zip up. To be fair, the kids said it looked ok, so I'm keeping it.

The jacket is good quality - real bargain at £9, plus £3 delivery - but it has put me off buying from Ribble again.

I did get a very prompt reply from Ribble after I suggested they have a Size Guide on the site:

"I understand that sizing for clothing is different which is why are (sic) XL is a size 14. However, we really appreciate your feedback and it will be taken on board and passed on to the correct department for future reference."

I'm new to buying cycling clothing so I think there is an element of cycling clothes just naturally being a tight fit, but I don't think many people regard a 14 as XL. It doesn't do a lot for your body confidence lol.

Great jacket though if you can get the right fit.

vickster

Legendary Member
I would normally take a Large. I ordered Extra Large. When it arrived it said '14' on the label. If it had said 14 as the size on the website I wouldn't have ordered it as I would know that would be too small. I don't think most people would call a 14 Extra Large.

I can get it on but it is a struggle to do the zip up. To be fair, the kids said it looked ok, so I'm keeping it.

The jacket is good quality - real bargain at £9, plus £3 delivery - but it has put me off buying from Ribble again.

I did get a very prompt reply from Ribble after I suggested they have a Size Guide on the site:

"I understand that sizing for clothing is different which is why are (sic) XL is a size 14. However, we really appreciate your feedback and it will be taken on board and passed on to the correct department for future reference."

I'm new to buying cycling clothing so I think there is an element of cycling clothes just naturally being a tight fit, but I don't think many people regard a 14 as XL. It doesn't do a lot for your body confidence lol.

Great jacket though if you can get the right fit.
It does depend on the cut. I have to avoid any women's clothing that is sold as race, form fit or similar even in the largest sizes, I know it just won't fit anywhere, shoulders, hips, arms!

Top Bottom