Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeIow

Guru
Well, I’m looking to get a Wahoo Roam at some point this side of Christmas. Thought ”Prime Day” might offer something up.
Instead, the price on Amazon has gone UP :wacko:

Still the standard £299 from other outlets. Bah!
Surely someone will do a deal next month for a Black Friday:laugh:

I’ll keep looking!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Edge Explore £129.99 on Amazon for prime members.

Damn could be very tempted at that price !

Well, I’m looking to get a Wahoo Roam at some point this side of Christmas. Thought ”Prime Day” might offer something up.
Instead, the price on Amazon has gone UP
Amazon prices go up on Special Deals day. Well, I never thought that would happen. Not after all the cheap Black Friday deals that are more expensive that yesterday. Why do people keep falling for that old con trick?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Amazon prices go up on Special Deals day. Well, I never thought that would happen. Not after all the cheap Black Friday deals that are more expensive that yesterday. Why do people keep falling for that old con trick?
I had a quick look earlier. Bulk of it seemed to just be the stuff that wasn’t selling well and trying to clear it. No doubt it will fool some people who think they are getting a bargain.

fossyant

I bowed to temptation. My trusty 9 year old Garmin 800 has started to play up and this has some good reviews. I will post a review when I receive it.

Mrs F has asked what I want for Christmas. My 705 is still working perfectly though, and is probably more robust for MTB'ing than an Explore. Dilemma !

fossyant

I bowed to temptation. My trusty 9 year old Garmin 800 has started to play up and this has some good reviews. I will post a review when I receive it.

Trigger pulled, but mentioned it to MrsF so she's happy to get it me for Christmas. That's me sorted as I don't need anything else, but the nav wasn't great on the 705.

Trickedem

Guru
Trigger pulled, but mentioned it to MrsF so she's happy to get it me for Christmas. That's me sorted as I don't need anything else, but the nav wasn't great on the 705.
I have to say that the 800 has been fantastic. The turn by turn navigation has been brilliant and the battery life is good for a 100 mile ride. Unfortunately it went wrong on my last tour and even after a factory reset it isn't working properly. One of the advantages of the Edge is that it takes the Ordnance Survey maps that I got with my 800, so I will be able to copy that across.

Now I'm tempted to buy a GPS for my bike, but I need to reign in my spending. 😭I don't know if I want a Garmin or Wahoo though.

fossyant

I have to say that the 800 has been fantastic. The turn by turn navigation has been brilliant and the battery life is good for a 100 mile ride. Unfortunately it went wrong on my last tour and even after a factory reset it isn't working properly. One of the advantages of the Edge is that it takes the Ordnance Survey maps that I got with my 800, so I will be able to copy that across.
The 705 is very old, and a bit memory restricted, but for recording and on the fly maps it's OK, but I can't see the screen very well now as it's not that bright and smallish (old technology). For £129 I'm a happy bunny for an upgrade.

Boopop

Guru
That Edge Explore is definitely tempting. Problem is I have a fully functional (for the most part) Edge 810, and then I've got a spare one that I managed to get last winter for the princely sum of £30 that's ready as the backup device. At this rate my next new cycle computer will probably be the Edge 860 :laugh:

Top Bottom