Found a Bargain? Do Tell.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Might try that next time I'm in town. Could take the boy too, although he is still a few months short of free beer age.

Might try that next time I'm in town. Could take the boy too, although he is still a few months short of free beer age.
If you try it, I'd be interested in your feedback in this thread - may be tempted myself as long as they don't try anything too experimental on me.
There is I think at least one place in London where you can get free haircuts by letting students loose on your head*, but I'm pretty sure they don't also give you free beer. Only in the north :smile:

* There was also, may still be, a place where you could get free dental treatment by letting students practice on you, but that may be a step too far.

standard cut for me , hides the grey a bit :smile:
I am a bit posh and go for a 1 1/2 to 2 fade on back and sides with a bit of length on top to give it a bit of style but the fringe needs to be short. Current favourite place is a Turkish barbers who do the cut, wax my noses and ears and hot towel me with some Turkish massage thrown in for the price of £15. Get either a beer or Turkish coffee included too.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I am a bit posh and go for a 1 1/2 to 2 fade on back and sides with a bit of length on top to give it a bit of style but the fringe needs to be short. Current favourite place is a Turkish barbers who do the cut, wax my noses and ears and hot towel me with some Turkish massage thrown in for the price of £15. Get either a beer or Turkish coffee included too.
mrs ck does mine i cant afford fripperies like a barber.

It’s Effes Turkish barbers at 103 Yarm Road, Yarm.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
anyone tried?
could be useful for sticking to cheapo cycling glasses for reading some bits of my pretty small screen garmin.
just ordered some safety glasses from amazon with reading bi focal bit in the for £12 , at work we need them as i have to wear safety glasses (provided ) but need reading glasses for some of the pick sheets and its months of waiting for them to supply some so i bought my own ,they come in coloured lenses

voltX 'CONSTRUCTOR' BIFOCAL Reading Safety Glasses (CLEAR +1.5 Dioptre) CE EN166F certified/Cycling Sports Glasses includes safety cord + UV400 anti fog coated lens : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

just ordered some safety glasses from amazon with reading bi focal bit in the for £12 , at work we need them as i have to wear safety glasses (provided ) but need reading glasses for some of the pick sheets and its months of waiting for them to supply some so i bought my own ,they come in coloured lenses

voltX 'CONSTRUCTOR' BIFOCAL Reading Safety Glasses (CLEAR +1.5 Dioptre) CE EN166F certified/Cycling Sports Glasses includes safety cord + UV400 anti fog coated lens : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools
thanks - would be interested in a report back on them - have also been considering something like this (a few around) - probably a far better solution than a stick-on.

wonderloaf

Veteran
anyone tried?
could be useful for sticking to cheapo cycling glasses for reading some bits of my pretty small screen garmin.
I've used this type (but not this brand) in the days before I needed varifocals and could get away with bifocals, found them perfectly adequate, allowed me to read my Garmin with ease! A bit of a staff getting them on the lenses but worth the hassle in my view, for a quid a time worth the gamble!

Top Bottom